Ncl upgrade program

bklyn born

45 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

Was it considered a re-book and did you lose any perks like the number of included specialty dining meals?

Yes, it was a rebook (prior to FP), which I knew it would be, so I expected to see changes in my perks.

I didn't have specialty meals (already get 2 with Plat status and it's only a 5 day cruise).  But WiFi went from 100 to 75 (solo, so no passenger #2). Whether or not that's because  I re-booked I can't say.

And I lost the promo airfare because it's inside the 90 day timeframe.

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Yes, it was a rebook (prior to FP), which I knew it would be, so I expected to see changes in my perks.

I didn't have specialty meals (already get 2 with Plat status and it's only a 5 day cruise).  But WiFi went from 100 to 75 (solo, so no passenger #2). Whether or not that's because  I re-booked I can't say.

And I lost the promo airfare because it's inside the 90 day timeframe.

Thank you... I was looking at a very small price drop on a 21 day cruise... and ultimately it's a loss in terms of savings because of what they take away so not worth making the change for me.  I also would be losing OBC in addition to two specialty dinners for two.

Hope I'm not repetitive, searched for answer, and couldn't find.

We are on a sailing April 2022.  Final payment completed.  Offered the option to upgrade.  If I submit bids, I realize the insurance costs go up, but are they based on what I currently paid for, + the bid amount that was accepted?

i.e.,  "admin fee" (for 2) we paid $3000, I bid/win $600 (for 2) for upgrade, now bringing our total base cost to $3600.  We already paid for  NCL Travel Insurance, but since we now were accepted for an upgrade, will the Travel Insurance now be recalculated on the new base cost of $3600?

Thanks