World cruise travel insurance (UK resident)

yipes999

We are going on a World Cruise next year and are after some advice.  We are UK  residents and are looking for travel insurance to cover us for 6 months.  We both have medical conditions, but these do not have any impact on us apart from having to pay a higher premium to be covered.  The cost of the cruise is also very high.  Any suggestions

Also any suggestions re house insurance as most companies do not cover for a house left empty that long.

All suggestions gratefully received.

• 4 weeks later...
My wife and I have the same problem.  We want to book a Viking World Cruise starting December 2023 and lasting for 139 days.  The cost is £47,000 GBP each for my wife and I.  We will both be 76 by the time of the cruise.

We cannot find any company that will insure a cruise that is that expensive or that long.  The greatest sum insurable we have found is £25,000 GBP each and the longest period is 120 days.  We haven't even got as far as asking about our age or medical conditions!  We have tried over 15 companies and they all say No.  We just don't know what we can do.  Viking insist upon full insurance but they seem to have produced a cruise that is uninsurable!