passport/bc problem!

theluckiest

my boyfriend and i are cruising march 13-17. i have a passport, and he sent for his passport the first week of january. he still hasn't gotten it yet, and i'm freaking out, since they have his BC as well. what do we do if he doesn't get his passport?! they gave him a phone # to call and he's doing that today...but i'm still worried. how hard is it to get another BC, just in case?

Its usally really easy to get another copy of ones birth certificate. All you have to do is go to the court house where he was born and request another copy. There usually is a fee for this since its an official copy, when I got a copy of mine a few years back it cost $10. But this could change depending on where he was born. Now if he doesnt live where he was born, that could be a problem. Since you arent going until early-mid March, I am sure they could mail one. IMO dont worry about it yet, if its the day before you leave then worry about it, but you have time. Hope this helps!

I'm in a similar situation - me & DH applied at the same time (first week of Jan) for our Passports I received mine a couple weeks ago but his is still processing or something. When I check his status it says he should've received a letter or phone call regarding the processing but he never received either. We called them last Fri and the women said there's no problem it's just still processing but I've checked status again and it also says to follow the instructions on the letter or phone call - so we have to call them again! Our cruise doesn't leave till April but I'm still scared we won't get the passport in time.:eek:

As far as the BC I ordered a copy of mine recently and it was quite simple. I went to our city's website and was able to link to the vital statistics site print out a form and send a check to them - I received it in about a week.

Good luck!

my boyfriend and i are cruising march 13-17. i have a passport, and he sent for his passport the first week of january. he still hasn't gotten it yet, and i'm freaking out, since they have his BC as well. what do we do if he doesn't get his passport?! they gave him a phone # to call and he's doing that today...but i'm still worried. how hard is it to get another BC, just in case?

There is a goverment web site that deals with all pasport issues. You will find phone numbers and other information to help out. Call them and explain the situation. I'm sure they can help. I see if I can find the link to it.

Good luck

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

There is a goverment web site that deals with all pasport issues. You will find phone numbers and other information to help out. Call them and explain the situation. I'm sure they can help. I see if I can find the link to it.

Good luck

OK, I found it. Check it see if it helps.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

Yep, follow up on the passport, and get a new birth certificate.

I would not wait to get the birth certificate if it will have to be mailed to you. If you don't have the passport today, go ahead and do it. It will be the best $10 to $15 you will spend.

Maddle

Archived