ziploc bags for packing...

bnsilly

As well as the number of bags checked. It cost me $80 flying back from Honolulu for a 3rd checked bag.

Ouch! I haven't taken that hit yet...I will learn from your experience and spend my money on tasty libations instead! :rolleyes:

Very nice aviator!! :D I like what ParrotHead did with her's, too!

I bought the 2 gallon size for packing lotions and stuff that might leak out. Also for undies and things that I really don't want touched by the airport people. Then I also got some of the XL bags to pack some of our clothes in. That way when they go through your suitcase at the airport they don't get all messed up.

Have a great cruise!!

Oh - I got them at a Super Wal-Mart!!

I always get my 2 gallong zip lock bags at Wal-mart. I use them to pack my unies, panti-hose and socks. I also pack on to put my dirty clothes in for the week. I Additionally, I bring quart-size bags for taking snacks from the ship when I tour some ports of call if we're renting a car. Thank God for zip lock bags!

Very nice aviator!! :D I like what ParrotHead did with her's, too!

Thanks, Allie..Treven sent it to me..so all the rainbow props go to the "Big Tomato" :p ( wow, three rainbows and all the Texans...this is a pretty good group);)

-Kandy (and Alison):cool:

Maineac - when the kids were little we used to go to Hermit Island to go "wilderness" camping - its outside of Phippsburg down the road from Popham Beach. We have wonderful memories - we keep talking about going back, but kids are now 23, 22 & 14 - hard to "round" them all up for camping.

Twinsmom - Machias is downeast Maine which is North and east from where I am and I am north of where maineac lives - have you ever been to that area? They have wonderful blueberry fields - Maine blueberries are a low bush and are small and very flavorful. Did your grandfather move to CT? Many people from Maine (washington county & aroostook county seemed to have left here and settled in Ct back in the 40's-50"s).

You know, I have to say, I packed in the 2 gallon ziplocks last year, and I really didn't see the point. I actually felt like it took up more room, and my clothes weren't any less wrinkled. Maybe I'm just a good packer without the bags? I will say though, they were mighty handy to have while there. We found all sorts of uses for the ziplock bags. I'll probably pack a few things in the ziplocks this year, but I won't go whole-hog again.

But packing the hanging clothes that go into suitcases in dry cleaner bags did seem to help quite a bit with wrinkles.

Just another perspective....

How funny. When my kids were younger (and their clothes smaller), I used to pack a whole outfit down to undies and socks in a gallon ziplock bag when they went to camp, and enough bags for the entire week. This way they didn't mess up the whole suitcase (or dufflebag) pawing thru it to find something that went together (and the undies actually got worn!!!);) .

Now I'm doing the same thing to my clothes, am I regressing I wonder???

Thanks, Allie..Treven sent it to me..so all the rainbow props go to the "Big Tomato" :p ( wow, three rainbows and all the Texans...this is a pretty good group);)

-Kandy (and Alison):cool:

Ah yes, what a crowd we find ourselves in. :D

Isn't Treven the best!!! He shared with me, too!!

Hey, true story...

A few years back when down in New Orleans, after visiting O’Brian’s we stumbled into this craggy little joint off Bourbon St. It was open mic night, blah blah blah, then all of the sudden this guy starts singing Margaritaville. I’ll be hot damned if we didn’t get a little impromptu concert from Mister ParrottHead himself. It was TOTALLY awesome (and I was totally buzzed from the hurricanes from O’Brian’s!!)

Ah yes, what a crowd we find ourselves in.

Isn't Treven the best!!! He shared with me, too!!

Hey, true story...

A few years back when down in New Orleans, after visiting O’Brian’s we stumbled into this craggy little joint off Bourbon St. It was open mic night, blah blah blah, then all of the sudden this guy starts singing Margaritaville. I’ll be hot damned if we didn’t get a little impromptu concert from Mister ParrottHead himself. It was TOTALLY awesome (and I was totally buzzed from the hurricanes from O’Brian’s!!)

GET OUT!!!!!:eek: Oh, I would have been beside myself!! I love Jimmy:D He's coming to Dallas the end of April..I even made a ticker for it..it's like a vacation in itself!!!:cool: ( He's the ONLY guy I'd think about reconsidering choices for...if ya know what I mean);) ..I said Think about...:p

Archived