Uber or Lyft post Vista Cruise in March to get to IAH

bp traveler

Hello- we have 5 ppl and are looking to take an uber back to IAH for our flights after our Vista cruise.

I thought I read somewhere yesterday that Uber can't come into the port area, is this true?  If so, where would they pick you up, would you need to get outside of the port area or something?

Is Lyft able to pick us up?  I will need to add this app as I have never used Lyft if this is the case.

Thanks

We are debating the best way to get two of us back and forth from IAH to Galveston. We are flying in two days before the cruise, flying home the evening we disembark. Are Lyft/Uber rides available on a consistent basis? Do I have to book a shuttle in advance? It seems there are issues with refunds if you have to cancel with some shuttle services. 

We just left Galveston on Monday - 2 of us took Carnival shuttle (never again) to IAH, and 2 of us took Uber.  You just walk 1 block across the street and Uber can pick up there.

There also seems to be confusion regarding Uber dropping off at port.  In our case, security was very adamant that our driver could drop us off on property but NOT pick anyone up.  It's unfortunate, the drivers seem really confused by it too.

23 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Are Lyft/Uber rides available on a consistent basis?

Yes, very consistently available.  We recently landed at IAH just before 3 am (due to delays) and I was very concerned about getting an Uber/Lyft, but no problem at all (quick and inexpensive).

15 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

Yes, very consistently available.  We recently landed at IAH just before 3 am (due to delays) and I was very concerned about getting an Uber/Lyft, but no problem at all (quick and inexpensive).

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 2:55 PM, csm5986142 said:

Good to know. We arrive at 12:50am on 3/25 and it seems most hotel shuttles don't run that late.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:55 PM, csm5986142 said:

@csm5986142whenbyiy arrived at 3am-ish, was your Uber taking you to a hotel near the airport, or to Galveston?  We are arriving to IAH around 11pm and would like to go to Galveston that evening, but not sure if Uber/Lyft will be willing to travel out there late at night knowing that a return passenger is unlikely at that hour.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 11:56 PM, elmojessi said:

@csm5986142whenbyiy arrived at 3am-ish, was your Uber taking you to a hotel near the airport, or to Galveston?  We are arriving to IAH around 11pm and would like to go to Galveston that evening, but not sure if Uber/Lyft will be willing to travel out there late at night knowing that a return passenger is unlikely at that hour.

Unlikely but, possible there is an Uber making a return back towards Galveston? Most would probably just book a more affordable hotel by IAH for the night.