Book now or wait?

lauren0309

I found airfare out of New York to Puerto Rico for $288 Round trip per person, Non-stop for next January. They are one way tickets, going on Continental and coming back to New York on American. I don't know if I should book it or keep my eye out to see if price drops anymore and anyone have any opinions about flying on two different airlines coming and going?

I have flown two different airlines per round trip without any issues. I feel the fare you got is pretty good, but being that many days out the fare will change many times before the flight. I usually find the best booking window is 6 - 12 weeks before departure.

Lauren,

I booked continental out of Richmond for September 17th 2006 to San Juan for $308 roundtrip. Every other airline I checked was about $599 to $700 so the price you got was pretty good.

I guess the question is Do I book now or wait? I guess the you book with what you feel Comfortable with. I am 7 months out and I feel pretty comfortable with my price and I don't see it going down.

Book at the Price you Feel Comfortable with!!

I booked my flight from Detroit to Puerto Rico in November for $411. The prices are now anywhere from $800-900. So I say that is a good deal. I am flying american over and us air back. I would say jump on it.

Lauren:

I would grab it now before it's gone! It's hard to find RT for less than $400 and usually much more. Just be sure that "changes" will not make or break your vacation. When I booked a trip to San Juan for a cruise I took over a year ago, the details changed probably 4 times but I had intended to arrive a day or two early so I didn't care much. Good luck and have fun. Brenda

I just booked my flight for Puerto Rico leaving from New York for $280 per person round trip for next January. I've been watchiing it fluctuate up and down so I decided to book it at the lowest price it went to. I think I got a good deal?!

Lauren as long as you are happy with the fare that is all that matters.

Marilyn

The prices go up was the weekend nears and down on mondays, the closer you get to departure day the higher the ticket price gets, i always book on a monday or tuesday, last year i booked 6 mo. in advance and payed $387 round trip San Francisco to Puerto Rico on AA, it was a great price, i kept checking prices just to see and as time neared the tickets went up to $726 each. For my cruise this year on 7-23 i booked last week and got the tickets, San Francisco to Miami for $285 ea. So book really early to get the best prices.

(just my personal experiance but i have always gotten a lower ticket price when i book directly with the airlines online)

Archived