Guarantee - when did you find out?

Reenie75

My sister's family has chose Bella, they informed her she would know her cabin 1-2 weeks prior. Is this the accurate? 

I know this is high hoping (I'm fantastic) I'm hoping they put her near me and maybe fingers crossed they give her & kids an upgrade. 

32 days to go!!

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

Can I assume you have already linked your reservations so that dining, etc. are linked?  That may help.

Hey JAGR do you have experience linking reservations?  I’ve wondered what happens if Aurea links with Bella traditionally when Aurea was open dining but Bella wasn’t. Does Aurea get downgraded to set dining?  I guess same with YC to any non YC passengers whether YC cruisers can dine with someone at Bella at MDR without an assignment…

13 hours ago, FrostyJoe said:

Hey JAGR do you have experience linking reservations?  I’ve wondered what happens if Aurea links with Bella traditionally when Aurea was open dining but Bella wasn’t. Does Aurea get downgraded to set dining?  I guess same with YC to any non YC passengers whether YC cruisers can dine with someone at Bella at MDR without an assignment…

Let me preface this with policy versus experience.  MSC policy does not always apply, as the ship practices appear to vary, and crew members occasionally act proactively.  That being said, links between experiences are supposed to attach to the lowest rated experience.  In my experience (and it was long ago since we do YC only now), talking with the maitre 'd on embarkation day can usually result in getting everyone together, but likely at a set time only.  The system will not allow linking YC to non-YC.  By policy, YC is not supposed to eat in a MDR.  In practice, the Concierge can arrange it.  By policy, non-YC guests cannot eat in the YC dining or visit in the YC public areas.  In practice, guests can occasionally eat (for a fee) in the YC dining room, and can (again for a fee) have a half day or day of YC public area experience.  That is up to the YC manager and I'm betting is based on load factors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Let me preface this with policy versus experience.  MSC policy does not always apply, as the ship practices appear to vary, and crew members occasionally act proactively.  That being said, links between experiences are supposed to attach to the lowest rated experience.  In my experience (and it was long ago since we do YC only now), talking with the maitre 'd on embarkation day can usually result in getting everyone together, but likely at a set time only.  The system will not allow linking YC to non-YC.  By policy, YC is not supposed to eat in a MDR.  In practice, the Concierge can arrange it.  By policy, non-YC guests cannot eat in the YC dining or visit in the YC public areas.  In practice, guests can occasionally eat (for a fee) in the YC dining room, and can (again for a fee) have a half day or day of YC public area experience.  That is up to the YC manager and I'm betting is based on load factors.

Very informative  Thank you!!! 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received my cabin assigments. The cruise is set at October 26th so two months before the embarkation. We're a group of 6 passengers and we booked 3 Bella unassigned inside cabins. Today a new booking confirmation was mailed to me and all cabins were upgraded to BL1 premium balconies with cabin numbers. I'm very pleased, thank you MSC !

• Like 3

7 hours ago, blordos said:

I just received my cabin assigments. The cruise is set at October 26th so two months before the embarkation. We're a group of 6 passengers and we booked 3 Bella unassigned inside cabins. Today a new booking confirmation was mailed to me and all cabins were upgraded to BL1 premium balconies with cabin numbers. I'm very pleased, thank you MSC !

That's excellent!  Is this from US or Europe?

16 minutes ago, blordos said:

The cruise is in Europe. The embarkation port is Rotterdam. The MSC rep said the cabin assigments are done in Genoa Italy , the MSC headquarter.

Awesome.  We're sailing from Venice on October 30, so hopefully not far behind in getting assigned.  Now if they'll just change their testing, we'll be good.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

23 minutes ago, Epiro Funchal said:

Also, can you check in online without knowing your cabin?

Let's say it's 3 days before the cruise and you still don't know what is your cabin.

Yes, you can check in without a cabin assignment.

• 2 weeks later...