Celebrity PCR Portside testing at Port Everglades

parrothead33

We are sailing on the Apex in April and are wondering how long it takes to get the results from the port side PCR testing.  Do you need to book a time to be tested or is it first come, first serve?  Would be very interested to hear what others have experienced since they stopped testing on the ship.
Hopefully they will change the rules to allow for rapid antigen tests before we sail.

Thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, parrothead33 said:

We are sailing on the Apex in April and are wondering how long it takes to get the results from the port side PCR testing.  Do you need to book a time to be tested or is it first come, first serve?  Would be very interested to hear what others have experienced since they stopped testing on the ship.
Hopefully they will change the rules to allow for rapid antigen tests before we sail.

Thanks in advance.

It looks like it is to be booked ahead. It’s 105.00 each for one of our cruises.  And results in 30 minutes. If you check with Apex again maybe the time frame for the test being taken has changed….if it’s 48 hours it could enable you to fly/drive to US (test is within 1 day) and cruises generally allow time for flights in. 

22 minutes ago, Tango99 said:

It looks like it is to be booked ahead. It’s 105.00 each for one of our cruises.  And results in 30 minutes. If you check with Apex again maybe the time frame for the test being taken has changed….if it’s 48 hours it could enable you to fly/drive to US (test is within 1 day) and cruises generally allow time for flights in. 

Hi Tango99,

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. I was inquiring about testing when we disembark at the end of the cruise.  I know the tests are being down on the pier after we disembark by a 3rd party, no longer by X.  Fortunately we don’t have to pay for the test because we had booked the cruise prior to Nov. 2021 but was curious as to how long it is taking to get the results back.  We have a 6:10 pm flight back to Toronto and are hoping that it will give us enough time to get the results.  
Thanks for replying.

Cheers.

Hello Acshelco,

We will be on the Apex in a couple of weeks. Can you give us info/timeline about how you registered for your return PCR test on the ship? And did you get your preferred appointment? We have an 11:55 return flight to Montreal, do you think we can make it after getting our (complimentary) PCR test on shore and receiving results in time?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Traveller1982 said:

Hello Acshelco,

We will be on the Apex in a couple of weeks. Can you give us info/timeline about how you registered for your return PCR test on the ship? And did you get your preferred appointment? We have an 11:55 return flight to Montreal, do you think we can make it after getting our (complimentary) PCR test on shore and receiving results in time?

Thanks!

I went to the customer service desk and they gave me a paper to fill out 1 for me and 1 for my wife. They needed it back at the latest 2 days before the cruise ends. I recieved an email confirming our test appointments but you couldn't pick a certain time. We received 2 paper cards we took to the test location. It was in the lobby you enter when you first check in to get on the ship. Test was very fast didn't wait more than a few minutes. If you get off the ship at 7:30 a.m. you would probably get the results around a hour later but that is if you are carry on only. 

I am reading some horror stories on the other 'site' about the company doing the PCR tesintg for Celebrity at the port - Bio Reference.

Seems you can't create an 'account' using a canadian address or even your US hotel address?  The cost is $130  and this family of 5 was tested and off to the airport - told results would be available in 30 minutes - but that did not happen !

Once at the airport they realized results would not be available in time so had to get ADDITIONAL testing done at the airport (additional $) and got those in 30 minutes - almost missed their flight (AC was aware and was awaiting their arrival at the gate).... super stressful and not fun of course.

They got ONE result once landed in Toronto - and now got an email about the rest of the family (including kids under 18 I believe?) as they are asking for 'proof of guardianship' to release these results by email (I assume to the parent?).

Same issues for UK travellers as well.  

Not impressed and I have written to Celebrity to ask if they did any research on this company before contracting out these services to ensure they were suitable for international travellers?

Looking forward to hearing more from recent Celebrity Canadian cruisers!!

Edited by Froufie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, parrothead33 said:

Thanks acshelco for the information.  Our flight isn’t until 6 p.m. so hopefully won’t have an issue getting the results back in time.

We flew at 5:30 in the afternoon had our results in plenty of time. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 9:54 AM, Froufie said:

I am reading some horror stories on the other 'site' about the company doing the PCR tesintg for Celebrity at the port - Bio Reference.

Seems you can't create an 'account' using a canadian address or even your US hotel address?  The cost is $130  and this family of 5 was tested and off to the airport - told results would be available in 30 minutes - but that did not happen !

Once at the airport they realized results would not be available in time so had to get ADDITIONAL testing done at the airport (additional $) and got those in 30 minutes - almost missed their flight (AC was aware and was awaiting their arrival at the gate).... super stressful and not fun of course.

They got ONE result once landed in Toronto - and now got an email about the rest of the family (including kids under 18 I believe?) as they are asking for 'proof of guardianship' to release these results by email (I assume to the parent?).

Same issues for UK travellers as well.  

Not impressed and I have written to Celebrity to ask if they did any research on this company before contracting out these services to ensure they were suitable for international travellers?

Looking forward to hearing more from recent Celebrity Canadian cruisers!!

I have tested twice now at the pier once with Princess and once with Celebrity.  In both cases, you were to enter the terminal location as the address.  If the booking was made before November 16th, the test should have been complimentary.  My best advice is to leave extra room before your homeward flight to take the stress out of the day.  However, both times we had our results in almost exactly 60 minutes.

• Like 2

We disembarked last week, at Pier 25, which is likely where you would be as well.   We had our results by email within 90 minutes.  

couple points:

- registration process was a bit clunky.  As noted above, the sign-in asks for US address and US SSN.  We asked Celebrity host for help and all good 

- we used one email address for both of us to streamline this.  We did this as my wife has had some “ junk Mail” access issues. 
- as of last week, at least, you had to collect bags and go thru US customs process ( only face recognition kiosk, with no personal interaction for us).    Confusing part for us was that we were then outside terminal where taxis and everyone ends up.   We had to then go to the entry doors of Terminal 25 where BioReference was set up.   A bit of a challenge with luggage.  We had a porter and he stayed outside while we went thru test.   Took about 10 minutes.  We were in suite, so were one of first ones there.   There were only about 50 people on ship requiring test so assume  no large delays regardless of when you disembark.   There were only 960 passengers on ship, so numbers/time may increase in future.  

9 hours ago, TaxiSquad said:

We disembarked last week, at Pier 25, which is likely where you would be as well.   We had our results by email within 90 minutes.  

couple points:

- registration process was a bit clunky.  As noted above, the sign-in asks for US address and US SSN.  We asked Celebrity host for help and all good 

I am getting mixed info on whether or not you need to 'register/create an account' - some are saying you don't have to but sounds like you did?  May I ask what the 'Celebrity Host' did to help you create an account without a US address or SSN?  thanks

We were in suite so we had access to “suite host”, who was very helpful.  I would think Guest Services desk would be helpful as well.   Just make sure you deal with it early enough in cruise.    
Sounds like there may be some announcement from Gov’t soon about changes to requirements, which may make this moot. 

• Like 1