? on Air from MIA for recent Majesty Cruisers

Jeepers385

I'm thinking I probably don't have much to worry about but I was just notified that our flight is being changed to a 12:45 departure. We're traveling at the end of March on the Majesty out of MIA, will this give us enough time to get off the ship, claim luggage, go through customs and get to the airport in time for checkin, TSA checks, etc.? or am I just being a nervous nilly?

Thanks Debbie

Hi,

We just returned home yesterday from a 4 day cruise on Majesty of the Seas. It was a great itinerary for a 4 day cruise. Our airfare was booked through the cruiseline and we had a 11:35 a.m. flight home. We were in the first group to debark the ship and were off the ship by 7:45-8:00 a.m. at the latest. Everything went very smoothly and it didn't take long to claim our luggage and be transferred by bus to the airport. I forget what time we got to the airport, but we spent several hours in the airport and they started boarding the plane at 11:05. You should have plenty of time to get to the airport.

The night before you disembark they will issue everybody different colored luggage tags and will call groups by color code to get off the ship in the morning. After you get your tags you can always check with the staff to make sure that you are scheduled to disembark early. Have a great cruise!

-M

Hopefully the Majesty will dock on time for you. When we sailed her in Aug of last year she did not arrive at the dock until 12:30 & then it was like a mad rush for all passengers to leave the ship at once. No colors were called & it took over an hour to get our luggage. We finally got our luggage & grabbed a cabbie to get us to FLL Airport. Good thing he drove fast as we only had 45 minutes until our flight was to depart!:eek:

Archived