Question- Breakaway Haven

goldmom

I never really noticed, but is there an elevator in the Haven area on the Breakaway?  I know the pool area is on deck 16, but most of the loungers are on deck 17.  I remember going up a flight of stairs to get to the sun deck area, but I'm wondering if there is an elevator for people with mobility issues.  I don't see one on the deck plans, but I'm hoping there's a small one available.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

• Like 1

There's not a proper elevator like the normal public ones, but there is a service elevator. When we had Vibe passes back like 4 years ago someone in the Vibe had a scooter. While talking to him I asked how he got up there in the scooter since the elevators didn't service that floor and he said they took him in a back service elevator.

We were on the ship a 2nd time back in December, and bid on Haven. When we disembarked at the end the concierge took us down the service elevator to the exit line and got us right out. 

So if you need it because someone is incapable of climbing that set of stairs, you'll probably be able to use it. You just might need to arrange it with the concierge desk ahead of time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juncti said:

So if you need it because someone is incapable of climbing that set of stairs, you'll probably be able to use it. You just might need to arrange it with the concierge desk ahead of time. 

This is exactly the case (from personal experience.)  The Concierge will have someone take you on the service elevator to the Haven sundeck  whenever you'd like. (It's the same elevator they use for the priority debarkation.)  This is also true for the Getaway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goldmom said:

Thank you all for your replies, I really appreciate the information.  Good to know that there is at least an option.

One thing I found in the Haven, it was kind of like that scene in Wedding Singer with Billy Idol in first class. They pretty much will let you do whatever you want (within reason of course). I never heard of one reasonable request that the team in there was unwilling to help with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1