Saphire Beach

elvisfan

Looking for the details on saphire beach. Both times we have been to st Thomas we did megans bay and were not very impressed. The beach was small and very crowded. Looking for a relaxing morning at the beach.

Are there bathrooms? A place to eat? How far is it from the ship? Will I need to bring my wayer shoes or is the bottom soft and the water clear?

There are bathrooms there, and a nice place to eat. There is a nice Beach bar and a small shop for knick knacks (dont feed the Iguana on the way out, processed food isn't good for him, even if he tells you differently) The snorkling is good as there is a small reef and nice fish. It is rather wavy there and the water is clear but churned up from the waves. The view of the outer islands is wonderful. ON sundays there is usually a live band playing, many locals show up for a nice day at the beach. It rates up there as one of the favorite beaches on St Thomas.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

If your ship docks at Havensight, Sapphire should be about a 20-25 minute cab ride.

It does have a somewhat rocky bottom in areas but we did OK without water shoes. You can bring them if you like.

The day we were there, there were no waves to speak of but I have seen photos of Sapphire when they had small waves.

There is ample shade and they have chairs available for rent. The view will knock your socks off.

I will be in St. Thomas in May and torn between Saphire and Coki beach. I will be traveling with my dad (72yo) - he would prefer calm water, shade, facility (to change clothes and restroom) , do a little bit of snorkling, and restaurant. Could you please which beach would accomodate us best? Thanks

Archived