Odyssey shore excursions…help?

italyforme

Our March 19th departure on Odyssey only shows excursions at Soper’s Hole.  Nothing else is available yet.  Anyone on earlier sailings having the same issue?  I don’t mind staying in the bubble like we did in October but I’m not very comfortable going into a cruise completely blind.  Thoughts??

We're on the February 26 cruise (and were also on an Odyssey cruise in early October!), and we just had all but one of our ports changed about 10 days ago — and have no available excursions except Tortola, the one port which didn't change. (Although our excursion for Tortola was canceled, too. Sigh.) 

Seabourn said on the 28th that excursions would be available on the website within two weeks, so I'm hoping later this week...?

I wouldn't worry much. You may have port changes between now and your cruise, or even while you're on your cruise. If you are cruising specifically because you want to visit a specific port, this is probably not the time to be taking a cruise because things are so fluid; if you are flexible and can roll with the punches, you'll doubtless have a good time whichever islands you eventually call on. 

As for excursions, someone aboard the Odyssey this week reported that they have excursions available in every port, even though they weren't available to book in all ports before departure. I appreciate the difficulty of rescheduling ports of call, but I do wish Seabourn had its act together better regarding shore excursions. They use many of the same excursion companies year after year, and they've been continuously cruising most of the same Caribbean islands since last summer, so by the time they have an agreement with the country and local port authorities to secure a new port call, they should already be pretty far along on lining up available excursions. Oh well, such is cruising in the Covid-ain't-over-yet era. 😉