Photos of Feb 06 cruise

keepcruising

Hi all, I have come down with a bad cold, so I haven't been around a lot lately, but decided that I should get some photo's up for you all to look at. Here is a link to some of our pic's.

http://community.webshots.com/album/547884859nYfmHr

Hope you enjoy, either remembering or looking forward to seeing these things for yourselves.

Sandra

If you look through the photos, you will see one labeled 'Passing Pacific Star'. I just went down to the cabin to put the camera away about 12:30am, when I looked out of the window and saw the Pacific Star passing us on it's way to Vila. The photo's not the clearest, as it was through our cabin window, but by the time I got back upstairs, it was too far away to make it out any better. They didn't make any announcement about it, not that we heard anyway which is a shame, as I know a lot of people who would have liked to see her passing us.

There are also some photos labeled 'smooth sailing', these i took while we were sailing, and the ocean was so smooth, just the slightest of swell, it was wierd, I have never seen anything like it on any of our cruises before, Not the slightest bit of choppyness anywhere, except for the wake of our ship, and this lasted for more than the entire day of sailing.

The rest are pretty self explanitory, so enjoy.

Hi Sandra, just had a quick look through (will have a better look tonight when I have more time). Great photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.

AussieDF hasn't been on since she got back. Hope she's ok.

Karen

Hi Sandra, just had a quick look through (will have a better look tonight when I have more time). Great photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.

AussieDF hasn't been on since she got back. Hope she's ok.

Karen

Karen, Yes AussieDF is fine, although she too has a cold type thing. She hasn't been able to get online for a while, as befor ethey left for their first trip their router died. We figure it was a lightning strike that fried it, so they are now waiting to get a new router. Until then she occasionally dials up to have a quick read, or she has a look from our place, but she assures me she will be back online soon.

Sandra

sorry to hear you are not well. get better soon. how was your trip. was it warm and did you have FUN FUN FUN. your pics are great .have to wait until feb2007 but we are so looking forward to our FIRST cruise. I hope we will enjoy it so we can become regular cruises. again keep well. will you do a write up at some stage?l

Sandra the both links worked for me ...but then I also have a webshots album.

The photos are excellent. The food looks great too with the decorated melon work as good as those on the Sapphire Princess.

Thanks.

Marleneann.

Sandra I too had no problems with both links. Love the photos. As with Karen i'll have a longer better look tonight.

Sorry you not feeling the best. Was it really hot on the islands. Just imagine what it's going to be like on our cruise. Not long to go now!!

Hope you're starting to feel better.

Kerri

If you look through the photos, you will see one labeled 'Passing Pacific Star'. I just went down to the cabin to put the camera away about 12:30am, when I looked out of the window and saw the Pacific Star passing us on it's way to Vila. The photo's not the clearest, as it was through our cabin window, but by the time I got back upstairs, it was too far away to make it out any better. They didn't make any announcement about it, not that we heard anyway which is a shame, as I know a lot of people who would have liked to see her passing us.

After looking at the photos I was about to ask about the above but you had already answered my questions. What a pity that they didn't announce it so more people could have seen it and been prepared for photo opportunities. Great photos - thanks for sharing!!:o

• 3 weeks later...
Great photos!How was Fiji? Would you recommend going there?

I really enjoyed the two island stops, but didn't find Suva too appealing. Mind you we chose not to do a tour in Suva and just have a look around the town, this I was told was our mistake. Others who went on tours told us that it was much nicer than the town itself. So based on that if you go there I would recomend a tour, you will have time before or after to go through the town if you want.

Sandra

Hi Keepcruising,

I am new to this site so I hope U dont mind me checking out your Photo's.They where really good.I used a couple for my desktop pictures.(Hope that is ok to do):confused: :confused: Let me know if it is not.Myself and hubby are thinking of going on a 1st cruise next year.

I really enjoyed the two island stops, but didn't find Suva too appealing. Mind you we chose not to do a tour in Suva and just have a look around the town, this I was told was our mistake. Others who went on tours told us that it was much nicer than the town itself. So based on that if you go there I would recomend a tour, you will have time before or after to go through the town if you want.

Sandra

We did the Cultural village tour which was for 4 hours that was good but have to agree with Sandra without a tour Suva isn't up to much.I loved Yasawa and Dravuni though.

We were going to do a tour but found them very expensive. Just over $100 for 4 hours.

We ended up going to Thurston Gardens and the Fiji Museum inside the gardens. It was about a 15-20 minute walk from the ship and I believe a few dollars by taxi. Make sure they use the meter.

The museum was interesting, had fans and an airconditioned giftshop for a welcome break from the heat.

Archived