Kids club and preteens

We'll be going in October, and my kids will be about a month and a half away from 11 and 13 (it will be Fall Break of 5th and 7th grade for them), which I understand puts them in different clubs.

Of course, they'll tell me they would prefer this, but realistically I'm sure they would feel more comfortable going into the clubs already knowing someone.

What are the activities like for these age groups (9-11 and 12-14)? Do the groups ever get combined? What do kids these ages do in the programming?

The kids will be assigned by their age on the date of sailing. Your 12 yr old can enter the 9-11 group if enough room is available and approved by management, but your 10 yr old can not enter the 12-17 age group.

Your 10 yr old will be required to wear the kids wrist band for emergency but the 12 yr old will not be given one.

The teens club is not what you think. The club has some organized activities but it’s not all day. Kids can come and go as please and they are not required to participate. 

My young teens loved the freedom while I was uneasy with not knowing where they were. We use iMessage to keep track of them and have a rule for check in. 

The activities range from gaming, scavenger hunts, sports, etc. I believe they had an afternoon meet up and an evening meet up. If not enough kids showed up they would cancel.