Radiance--Covid testing at embarkation

jer_l

I received a email from Carnival a few weeks ago and pre-registered for the new $10 Covid testing for a 4-day Radiance cruise. The email instructions were to register, but not to book an appointment. I checked back today on the registration site to see if there were updates. On the page to book appointments is this message:

Do NOT schedule an appointment if you are planning to be tested at a Radiance sailing

Has anyone gone through the testing at Long Beach? Is the pre-registration all that is needed?

1 hour ago, jer_l said:

I received a email from Carnival a few weeks ago and pre-registered for the new $10 Covid testing for a 4-day Radiance cruise. The email instructions were to register, but not to book an appointment. I checked back today on the registration site to see if there were updates. On the page to book appointments is this message:

Do NOT schedule an appointment if you are planning to be tested at a Radiance sailing

Has anyone gone through the testing at Long Beach? Is the pre-registration all that is needed?

I sent message, they called. No need for appointment. After preregister there will be a place for test. I have one for backup. We are scheduled at Walgreens in an hour.

1 hour ago, thepla said:

I sent message, they called. No need for appointment. After preregister there will be a place for test. I have one for backup. We are scheduled at Walgreens in an hour.

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, thepla said:

What time did you get for boarding apt? Curious how strict in apt times, ours is 10:30am. Also Huge favor- can you check Radiance ship tv brand in cabin. I want to hook up ipad and view photos, and bring a universal remote access input. Happy Sailing.

5 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

What time did you get for boarding apt? Curious how strict in apt times, ours is 10:30am. Also Huge favor- can you check Radiance ship tv brand in cabin. I want to hook up ipad and view photos, and bring a universal remote access input. Happy Sailing.

Hi. We sail Friday. Took COVID test at Walgreens today and both negative. Now I hope my evening flight from Chicago goes tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

How was your experience getting the pre-cruise Covid test at the Long Beach terminal. We are going to the same testing process on 3/7 and was wondering if you could share your experience. Thanks

1 hour ago, DizNaddy said:

How was your experience getting the pre-cruise Covid test at the Long Beach terminal. We are going to the same testing process on 3/7 and was wondering if you could share your experience. Thanks

I had negative one in hand I took in Chicago. I did not take one at peir.

We also had done Abbott Binax test at home Sat before Mon cruise. I posted step by step in Covid thread #2 I think page 14. We ordered our test on a Fri from them and it arrived on Mon Fed rx thru emed. 
At pier as you enter they ask and you go left line. They our using the lounge in back of terminal for testing they said 15min results. It was not busy at all. I heard $10 for this cruise. We are also still under mask requirements indoors. 

So this is our plan, can someone help to verify if this is correct?

We are local to SoCal, so it's a blessing that we don't have to worry about the flight.

We are also all vaccinated and up to date, so we can take the test 3 days before.

Our cruise is Monday 3/21 from Long Beach (Radiance)

I already pre-registered the $10 on terminal test (but not schedule yet)

I plan to schedule the PCR test from Walgreens (no charge) for Friday 3/18

Hopefully I can get result back before cruise.

If I get the negative result before embarkation, then I will bypass the on-terminal test

If I don't get the negative result in time, then I will go through the on-terminal test

Does this sound right? 

4 hours ago, mkkao924 said:

So this is our plan, can someone help to verify if this is correct?

We are local to SoCal, so it's a blessing that we don't have to worry about the flight.

We are also all vaccinated and up to date, so we can take the test 3 days before.

Our cruise is Monday 3/21 from Long Beach (Radiance)

I already pre-registered the $10 on terminal test (but not schedule yet)

I plan to schedule the PCR test from Walgreens (no charge) for Friday 3/18

Hopefully I can get result back before cruise.

If I get the negative result before embarkation, then I will bypass the on-terminal test

If I don't get the negative result in time, then I will go through the on-terminal test

Does this sound right? 

Unless things have changed you don't need PCR one, 15 minute one worked for us.