Emed tests with minors

Pyxie

I have used the BinaxNOW emed tests and am familiar with how they work. This time, I will be using them for my 2 kids who are 12 and 9. Both are vaccinated.

I know that when I did the test for myself, I logged into my account and showed my ID. My kids obviously don't have accounts or IDs so will I still use my account but then state somewhere that I am actually doing the test for a minor? Their information needs to show up on the results of course.

Just curious how exactly this works with minors and if anyone has experience with this.

5 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

I have used the BinaxNOW emed tests and am familiar with how they work. This time, I will be using them for my 2 kids who are 12 and 9. Both are vaccinated.

I know that when I did the test for myself, I logged into my account and showed my ID. My kids obviously don't have accounts or IDs so will I still use my account but then state somewhere that I am actually doing the test for a minor? Their information needs to show up on the results of course.

Just curious how exactly this works with minors and if anyone has experience with this.

You have to set them up under your navica account. You will show your ID when doing their tests. When you go to the ap to scan the test, it will ask which member on your account the test is for.

Edited by csj092809

5 minutes ago, csj092809 said:

You have to set them up under your navica account. You will show your ID when doing their tests. When you go to the ap to scan the test, it will ask which member on your account the test is for.

Thank you!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

We tested from our Miami hotel room on Christmas Day. I added both my minor son and my wife to my Navica account. You have to log out after each test. At the port, all 3 test results were together on wife's cell phone. Our kits and testing were all free. Worked great and pretty easy as they walk you through it.

2 hours ago, zpdw484 said:

We are sailing in March. We are taking our 13 year old daughter and her friend. Does anyone know if  I can set up her friend under my navica account even though I am not her parent or guardian?

Pretty sure you'd have to because primary account must be an adult. I added my minor son and went ahead and added wife as additional user, too. Does ask if you are responsible for their healthcare decisions; I checked yes because I was only for testing purposes. It was easier to just test together on my account and all results were together to show at port check-in.

• Thanks 1