NCL Air - Travel with Guarantee Program

workingmom200112

hello cruisers!

I am going to be booking my air through NCL, but my adult son is on a different reservation.  When I booked his reservation I requested that our reservations be linked and that he be booked on the same flight as my room.  The customer service person said it was all set.  But I read that there is a $25 pp fee for this service, and I wasn't charged anything.

Now I know for piece of mine I should call back  and ask about it again.  But the customer service person told me that i really don't have to worry because we are all leaving the same day from the same airport.  

has anyone actually used this program and know more than me?  I guess the worse that could happen is my son fly by himself (but that could also throw off transportation from the airport - and we are leaving out of Port Canaveral).

Sorry for talking in circles - just how my brain works...LOL

Thanks!

If you take a look at the promo codes in the top right corner of your confirmation document from Norwegian, TWITH stands for travel with.  This the code I received when I linked several reservations together.  As mentioned, I had to pay $25 per person.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

We had the Norwegian 'Travel With Guarantee' on our two reservations for a cruise leaving from Southampton on August 14th.  We paid the non-refundable $25.00 per person fee just to guarantee that both couples in our party would be flying together.  We finally got our air confirmation emails this morning from NCL (26 days before the cruise), and we were on different flights.  When we called NCL they told us that the travel with guarantee program was cancelled last month and that they already sent us an email and refunded our money.  We told the agent that we never had an email or refund, and didn't wouldn't have wanted a refund if it was offered.  She put us on hold and when she finally came back she confirmed that due to a miscommunication, we weren't  notified of the program cancellation.  Then she said that she was authorized to give us a refund of our $25.00 per person, with no additional compensation and no other recourse. 

So they collected all the extra premiums for a guarantee that you will fly together, then when they don't put you on the same flight they only refund the premium.  It seems lake NCL isn't holding up their end of the contract at all.

• 2 weeks later...

This happened to us too. I had to call and get the refund.  They never sent an email and this is a huge inconvenience as we are three couples traveling together to an airport that is almost 3 hours a way.

12 minutes ago, equesnel said:

This happened to us too. I had to call and get the refund.  They never sent an email and this is a huge inconvenience as we are three couples traveling together to an airport that is almost 3 hours a way.

We just booked 4 staterooms for 2023 and the website listed the Travel with Guarantee under their terms and conditions.  When our TA tried to get confirmation of that, she was told that they had discontinued the program.  I told her to go ahead with the half price air for the booking but am sure I will cancel that part before final payment.  We have two singles going with us that have their own solo rooms and one has never cruised or traveled overseas.  There is no way I am going to not be on the same flights as they are. 

By the way the terms and conditions still have the Travel with Guarantee as of the other day.  I made a copy of it after we booked.  NCL has a right to change the terms and conditions but they should update their website.