Hotel or resort day passes

EileenN

Eileen we also like to go to resorts in port, to have snacks and drinks at the pool, and the loungers are nicer than throwing a towel on the beach. The top resort in Belize City is the Radisson Ft. George close to the Tourism Village where the tender boats drop off cruisers, and we wondered what their policy was towards cruisers, sometimes there's a fee, sometimes it's free day use, and sometimes the fee includes a credit for drink and food purchases.

C.C. member NJ Granny (Jan) was going to visit friends at the Radisson while on her cruise which ended last weekend, and she was going to find out what the hotel policy was. To see the thread scroll down a few pages, it's called "Help on Belize City". She hasn't posted what she found out, and I don't know if she's still on the boards, but I was thinking of posting a new thread something like "NJ Granny still there?" and see if she replies. Maybe she's see this thread when it bumps up to the top.

-Bob

I'm so embarrassed. I forgot about asking at the Radisson, and we were there for an hour waiting for our friend.

We waited in the lobby, used their restrooms, browsed the gift shop and ate in their restaurant when she finally showed up. Didn't see the pool, but saw a sign for it.

There was so much going on in the lobby - large groups waiting to depart for tours, etc., that no one seemed to notice us.

I really do apologize. I can only give the excuse that I had a "senior" lapse.

Hey Eileen thx for the info. What were they mainly complaining about? If it was about rooms or service it might not affect day users, we just need a nice pool, good snacks and strong drinks. But if the place was run down that's not good. Jan, what did you think of your meal there? ... and the condition of the place?

-Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Eileen,

I spent my day in Belize at the Maruba Jungle Spa & resort last Feb, and THOUROUGHLY enjoyed it.

It's a bit of a drive to get to the resort, but well worth it. The grounds of the resort were absolutely gorgeous! My pkg. included round-trip transportation to/from the ship, a "welcome to Maruba" exotic cocktail, 2 spa treatments, a tropical lunch in the jungle, and use of their pools, and mineral baths.

I really can not say enough good things about this resort. I wanted to stay FOREVER!!, and can not wait to go back there again some day.

Check it out for yourself at: http://www.maruba-spa.com/

Enjoy!

Annie

Archived