COVID testing at MCO - AdventHealth vs. COVID Testing LLC

Honolulu Blue

There appears to be two COVID-19 testing options at Orlando's main airport - AdventHealth and COVID Testing LLC.  Both are in the same general area, both cost the same ($65 for an antigen test, which is what I want), both will be open when I arrive at MCO, both offer appointments online but also accept walk-ins.

Has anyone been tested by either of these companies at MCO?  How did it go?  Is there any reason to prefer one over the other?

Thanks in advance!

AdventHealth is one of the big hospital chains in the area. I thought they were closing their airport location at the end of January, but it’s still taking appointments. (My guess is that’s why the second vendor set up shop — to be there when AdventHealth closed?)

We used the AdventHealth location last summer for an antigen test (so my experience may be a bit dated). Process was efficient. I’d definitely make an appointment, though. The walk-up line was extensive and they had to cut it off quite a bit before stated hours to accommodate everyone.

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2022 at 5:28 PM, ericopia said:

AdventHealth is one of the big hospital chains in the area. I thought they were closing their airport location at the end of January, but it’s still taking appointments. (My guess is that’s why the second vendor set up shop — to be there when AdventHealth closed?)

We used the AdventHealth location last summer for an antigen test (so my experience may be a bit dated). Process was efficient. I’d definitely make an appointment, though. The walk-up line was extensive and they had to cut it off quite a bit before stated hours to accommodate everyone.

Thank you very much for your comments.  I decided to book the antigen testing at MCO.  The booking experience was very clean - not too much info asked for, no deposit or CC info required, confirming e-mail sent right away.  I hope the testing experience is close to being as smooth (like your past experience).  I'll add a note describing what happens.

• Like 1

I made it to MCO and had a chance to get the test I described above. The experience was mostly good. I'll talk about it in more detail in the paragraphs to follow.

I was scheduled to fly from Miami to Orlando at 12:15. My original appointment was at 1:40, so I had roughly 20 minutes from touchdown to testing, which I thought was sufficient.

Then the flight was delayed until 1:35. I cancelled the appointment and made another one at 3:00. No problem.

And then the flight was delayed again - until 2:00. That made it impossible to make my second appointment on time. So I cancelled it and hoped the walk in line wasn't too long.

So the flight finally took of and I landed at MCO right at 3. Ten minutes later I was in the walk in line (AdventHealth's testing location was very easy for me to find - just past security, near the escalator to baggage claim, and right by Universal Park's gift shop). I filled out some paperwork to pay (they take credit cards but not insurance) and after a short wait I was told to enter a testing area with about 20 chairs. The technician and I were the only ones there at the time. The technician swabbed my nose similar to how I swabbed it for my various self-tests. I was then asked to leave this room and go out to the general waiting area for all airport passengers.

20 minutes later a clerk shouted out names of four testees, of whom I was one. I told her my presence and she handed me a paper giving the official result that I was NEGATIVE.

Like I said above, I thought the experience was mostly positive. For reasons I won't get into, I thought this was the best way for me to get the result I needed if everything went right. And I have to say almost everything went right.

I'll stick around to answer questions about my experience. Special thanks to ericopia for posting his experience.

Edited by Honolulu Blue