Inaugural Cruise - Any special things or activities?

rae.holmes

We've been on the inaugurals for the Panorama and Mardi Gras and will be on the Jubilee for her inaugural out of Galveston as well.  We have books from both ships.  Coasters from the Panorama and a lanyard from the Mardi Gras.  That was all in our cabins.  aThere is also some merchandise in the Fun Shops you can purchase.  I recall Inaugural Season branded items mostly.

I was on the Horizon inaugural, just got a little clear ship keychain, and a book.  I had cruised when they brought the ship over from Europe.  There was one day between that and the US inaugural out of NY to Bermuda.  Carnival let the B2Bers stay onboard that night for free and we got to partake of all the party atmosphere for the naming ceremony.  All bars were open at no charge.  Nice fancy dinner.  Got to see Queen Latifah who was the godmother.  Big fireworks show off the back of the ship.   

The Mardi Gras was nice - got a lanyard and book in my cabin when I boarded.  They also had a book signing and was able to get my book signed by Christine Duffy and John Heald who were sailing with us, and also the Captain and other senior officers.  My favorite bartenders at Fortune Teller.  Very cool souvenir.