Flight from NW FL to Miami

wendyp247

We just moved to the Destin area and we are having a tough time getting to the Port of Miami for a Dec 1 cruise.We are palnning to go the day before (11/30)in case of any problems getting there on the 1st We can't find a direct flight or reasonable airfare to Miam for a cruise.Any suggestions? Anyone from this area going to Miami around the same with suggetions? We are taking a 10 day cruise to Panama ont he Brilliance of the Sea.

We moved from Central Florida and never experienced problems booking flights or getting to a port on time.

Delta has a nonstop to Fort Lauderdale from Pensacola, but the only nonstop returning to Pensacola leaves too early for you to make it off the ship, unless you stay over one night. Price about $270.00pp. If you don't stay overnight, you will have to take the one stopper through Atlanta from Miami at 2:35PM.

Did you consider getting a one way rental and taking a leisurely drive to Miami? Or even driving your own car and paying for parking? Almost $600.00 seems pretty expensive for about 400 miles. And you still have to drive to Pensacola, so will have to pay for parking anyway.

Good luck

Hi Wendy! I'm not too far from you, I'm in Panama City!! Have you checked the rates leaving from Tallahasee? I have found that it is a lot cheaper to leave out of there than to leave from here or Pensacola. We flew on Delta from Tallahassee to Ft. Lauderdale for our cruise 2 years ago. It was only $170 pp. It would have been close to $400 pp to leave from here!

We are cruising out of Miami in April, and leaving from Tallahassee the tickets would be around $324 pp. I would need 4 tix, so it looks like we'll be driving this time. I'm sure dreading that 10 hr. drive! LOL.

BTW, Travelocity lets you choose 3 surrounding airports to check rates for flights.

Any suggestions?

The lowest cost option is probably renting a car as mentioned previously. However, if that is not an option and the air fares are still too high, you could investigate Greyhound bus at http://www.greyhound.com/. I see that round trip fares to Miami are in the $110.00 pp range. Most likely, however, you would need to add a taxi fare from downtown Miami to the port.

Archived