Nationwide Claims Timeframe?

ugagal07

I know Nationwide has removed the change of itinerary coverage, but it was in our policy we bought pre-covid mess so I'd like the benefit we paid for.  We sailed Thanksgiving with a changed itinerary, so I requested to file a claim on November 30th.  Nationwide responded on December 7th with the form and required documentation.  I submitted everything that day.  I've sent 4 follow-up emails asking for a status check, but they go unanswered save for the form "high volume expect delays" auto-reply 2 days later. Calling does no good since it is leave a message and we'll call you back. 

Does anyone have any experience on the time it takes them to review, approve, pay a claim these days?  It's $2000, so it's worth it to me to keep pursuing it. 🙂

Call your state's Dept of Insurance consumer line. If it's within their jurisdiction they should get things moving.

Forgot: Did you buy this direct or through an Agent? If Agent, they should be contacted to help you out before going to the Dept of Ins. 

Edited by Philob
Agent comment

4 hours ago, Philob said:

Call your state's Dept of Insurance consumer line. If it's within their jurisdiction they should get things moving.

Forgot: Did you buy this direct or through an Agent? If Agent, they should be contacted to help you out before going to the Dept of Ins. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I bought it myself.  I understand staffing issues and other delays, but zero communication is my issue.