Transportation Heathrow to London and London to Southampton

Larrydano

The 4 of us are very excited to be on the QM2 for the 5/29/06 Southampton to New york crossing.

What is the best way for 4 people to go from Heathrow to London on 5/26/06 (we will be staying 2 nights) and later from London to Southampton for embarkation on 5/29/06? What time should we leave London for Southampton and what time will be able to embark?

Cruise # 14 but crossing #1

Larry

You can get a tube (metro) from Heathrow to London Waterloo and the train from there to Southampton.

Please look at my thread on the Ports> Britain forum fpr details on how you can travel from London to Southampton for $2 per person, as I would rather not type it all out again !!

Good Luck.

Larrydano, just read your question. We are booked on the QM2 in August and are flying into Stansted, England, about 45 minutes from London. Then we will be staying in London overnight and leaving for Southampton the next day for the cruise. We have heard glowing reports from Cruise Critic Members about Woodford Chauffeur Cars. Their service will pick us up on the day of the cruise at approximately 10 a.m. and it will take approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hours to get to Southampton by their chauffeur service. It is helpful to me since I have a chronically broken right foot. I can't take trains or buses.

Here is their website. They quoted us a price for each trip and we have no worries now about transportation. http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/ Go to the site and click on "Enquiry Form" and they should respond with a quote within approximately 48 hours or less. They also advertise organized trips and services.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

Christy

Here is the link that OldSilverfox may be referring to ( I think)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=295215

Also, for those new to computers, no need to ever type something over again. You just highlight, copy and then paste into the new place, like the link above. (there is NO WAY I could retype that and get it right)

And here is the link to megatrain: http://megatrain.com/

• 5 months later...

We were collected by Woodfords aswell and we had a nice and confortable trip to Southampton and were there on time without problems of delays on trains or carrying the lugage arround. About the price, perhaps it´s not as cheap we would like, but the others we searched are even more expensive, so this one is ok. A taxi wouldn´t be cheaper. Only the bus or the train.....but that´s too stressy. Would be fine travelling without lugage.

Archived