Upgrades

meyer4two

How does it work? When I book a cruise I always just book concierge & have a room assigned to me.

I keep reading about people starting on Deck 2 and working their way to Deck 9 concierge. How does it work & do you save alot of money doing it this way or by the time you get to Deck 9 concierge are you paying the same price as you would booking that room originally.

Seems like cruising is a game trying to get the best price & best room.

So please tell me how it works with upgrading.

Don't believe everything you read.

If someone had been upgraded from an inside stateroom to Concierge Level, two things would have had to happen.

First of all, they would have overpaid for their inside.

Secondly, the Concierge Level cabins would have had to really drop in price.

Lastly, divine intervention would have picked their cabin to be the one upgraded.

The "magical" upgrades cannot happen unless the revenue management software approves it.. and just going from an inside to CC level........there are just two many people in the middle who paid more.

30 cruises and have never met the upgrade fairy!! According to these boards, she does exist. Never waved her wand over us..... unfortunately!!!

We book a cabin we think we would be satisfied with - and generally are. We often hear how people are upgraded to suites and as we have sailed Celebrity frequently, we feel scorned and hard done by!!! Ha Ha. Would be nice..... and so would winning the lottery!!

Thank you both for your comments.

I guess I'll just stick to the way I book cruises, pick my favorite room & go with it.

I just couldn't imagine booking an inside & ending up CC at the same price or with just paying very little $ more. Would not be fair to those who booked concierge at a certain price & then along comes someone who paid for inside & ended up concierge at half the price or alot less than booking concierge originally.

You learn something new everyday! Thanks.

When I sail in April, I'll look for the upgrade fairy & buy her a drink if she does me a favor next cruise.

Archived