Updted Entry Requirements for Dubai

NightWoman

I am on virtuosa now. Here is how it works if you do not have negative PCR test 72 hours before arriving at pier.

We had glitch with cvs and no results prior to flight. Took home test, for ease of mind, just before going to O'Hare. 

No results from CVS until after on board.

No needed PCR while at O'Hare, we flew through Helsinki.

Took free PCR with cruise ticket, test was administered before imitation in same hall, very fast, 4 hour turnaround. Took taxi to port. 

Went to first checkin area without negative 72 hours PCR had to wait for free one from airport prior to boarding. That test for my son took 2.5 hours and mine 5. I panicked after 4 hours and wasted 70 for msc  one at port. After paying 70 my airport one came back and we boarded. After on ship my 70 did come back but not needed.

Bottom line you don't need negative prior to trip but can't board until a negative from free one at airport.

thepla,

many thanks for the update on PCR tests for embarkation.I have been trying to get clarification from MSC as to the requirements for boarding and  got conflicting information from the contact centre as opposed to the  information on the website. You have reassured me as to what is needed to board the ship.

Have a great trip. 
Thanks again. 
Federico 

7 hours ago, thepla said:

Bottom line you don't need negative prior to trip but can't board until a negative from free one at airport.

Yes, but if you booked Fly and Cruise then MSC insists on having the test at the departure airport already. If you booked your flight individually then certainly MSC treats you like UAE residents, they have no details of your flight anyway. You could have arrived today or one month before ...

Edited by perakcruiser