Abbott BinaxNOW proctored test kits expiration date extensions

mondello

Just a heads up for anyone with any test kits still on hand. I had seven (7) kits free from our local library that had an expiration date of 11/5/2021. The expiration date was extended 3 months to 2/5/2022 and we were able to use 3 on Christmas Day. Son's school nurse sent out an email stating the expiration date was extended for an additional 3 months

I was not able to verify that until yesterday on the Navica app. I was directed to the state of Ohio page for testing information and found a letter from Abbott listing kits with lot number #195-200 and #195-100 were indeed extended an additional 3 months. My 4 remaining kits will allow us to test again free for our 3/26 Vista cruise, with the new expiration date of 5/5/2022.

Also, I did see a letter previously showing a list of kits from lot number #195-000 that had been given the additional 3 month extension, separate from the letter authorizing the extension of the kits I have. So, those original kits were given a total of 6 months extension of their expiration dates.