BEST TIME TO BOOK

Weve been on a few Marcella cruises and we love it. I’ve always paid nearly full price. Seen one for next February but it’s expensive.  Anyone know the best time to book to get the best price

Depends on your party size, whether you are highly restricted on travel dates, want a specific itinerary in a specific ship and require a specific stateroom in a specific part of the ship.

in short there is no correct answer that will suit everyone.

personally I am ultra flexible so I book late for best value…2-3 weeks before travel.

others take advantage of initial offers by booking very early - as soon as the itineraries are released.

somewhere in the middle is arguably the worst time as the initial discounts have gone, and the cruise company is trying to maximise prices, before heavily discounting again as embarkation date approaches (n.b. But only if cabins remain!)

with a number of cruise companies there are a tremendous amount of FCC’s currently out there - where travellers have received credits in lieu of voyages cancelled due to the pandemic.

most of those FCCs have expiry dates in the next 12 months and this may reduce the potential for heavy discounts as sailing date approaches, as sold cabin numbers will be in the higher percentage range.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I’ve always had the opening discount but this year the prices have shot up. As  there’s only two of us so might wait and monitor the prices