Disembarkation/Embarkation Marseille

MISSGJ

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an embarkation time in Marseille for the Seaside next month? 

Our disembarkation is saying midday. That seems really late? We will be asked to vacate the room early?

TIA. 

Edited by MISSGJ

Hey there!

just returned from Marsaille and the Grandiosa. You can embark there as soon as 10 AM. Just go there and complete the check in. Cabin won’t be ready until about 2 PM though. 

for disembarkation:

you have to be out of the cabin by 8 AM. That is also the time that the first people that disembark independently can go off. 
should you be in a disembarkation group but would like to change to a different one, you can do that at guest service on the evening before. If you want to go independently the latest you can go is at 10 AM and you have to keep ALL of your luggage with you. 

that was how it was for me yesterday. 

hope I could help

greetings Tina

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Itochen33 said:

Hey there!

just returned from Marsaille and the Grandiosa. You can embark there as soon as 10 AM. Just go there and complete the check in. Cabin won’t be ready until about 2 PM though. 

for disembarkation:

you have to be out of the cabin by 8 AM. That is also the time that the first people that disembark independently can go off. 
should you be in a disembarkation group but would like to change to a different one, you can do that at guest service on the evening before. If you want to go independently the latest you can go is at 10 AM and you have to keep ALL of your luggage with you. 

hope I could help

greetings Tina

Sorry to hijack but since you have just been on the Grandiosa, could I ask a few questions.

What was your itinerary ? We are leaving from Civitavecchia, then Palermo, Malta, Barcelona, Marseille Genoa back to Rome

Was antigen acceptable for pre boarding test ?

Did you have to do a PLF ? and did you just the one listing all the ports ? 

Masking requirements ?

Independent excursions ?

Passengers numbers ? Busy ? Lines and queues anywhere ?

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itochen33 said:

Hey there!

for disembarkation:

hope I could help

greetings Tina

Thank Tina but I think the Seaside will be at little different as she doesn’t port until later. Our cruise documents say disembarkation will begin at 12pm midday. 

38 minutes ago, defbref said:

Sorry to hijack but since you have just been on the Grandiosa, could I ask a few questions.

What was your itinerary ? We are leaving from Civitavecchia, then Palermo, Malta, Barcelona, Marseille Genoa back to Rome

Masking requirements ?

Independent excursions ?

Thanks

Hijack away friend! 🙂

I would also be interested if you used an Antigen test to board. 

On 3/14/2022 at 4:50 PM, defbref said:

Masking requirements ?

Independent excursions ?

Thanks

On 3/14/2022 at 5:29 PM, MISSGJ said:

Hijack away friend! 🙂

I would also be interested if you used an Antigen test to board. 

hey there!

yes I arrived with a antigen test as they are for free in Germany. They were fine with that as long as it is NOT a selftest. Mine stayed the test place, time, date and who picked my nose…

they will test you in the terminal again though anyway. 

Yes I made that tour on the Grandiosa, just starting from Marseille with the same ports. 

as I started from Marsaille I had to do a PLF for France and WOULD have needed one for Italy but because I didn’t make any excursions I didn’t need to do a second one for Italy. 

saddly going ashore indipendantly wasn’t possible while I cruised last week so I stayed on board the entire time. 

Mask was still required when I boarded and left, but the requirements loosened while I was on board. The placeholders were removed and the stickers in the elevators where to stand were removed as well. As long as you were outside on one of the open air desks you didn’t need to wear a mask anymore, but as soon as you went inside you had to wear one. 

last week it was an average of 2700 passengers on the Grandiosa. I have never seen queueing while on board. The hot tubs were constantly hijacked and packed with Italians though. 

please feel free to ask more if you have more questions!

and to the seaside: I was on her in November 21. With your disembarkation time at 12 and you docking late I think it will be different. What I can guaranty you though is that you will LOVE the ship. Seaside is a beauty. If you want you can look at the review that I had posted here in the forum on my September 21 cruise on her. Maybe it will answer you some more questions you might have. 

greetings Tina

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Itochen33 said:

...The placeholders were removed and the stickers in the elevators where to stand were removed as well.

The hot tubs were constantly hijacked and packed with Italians though. 

Too bad, these actually concern two Covid rules I would have liked to stay.

When I was on board the Grandiosa a couple of weeks ago, it helped tremendeously

a - to be able to show the stickers in the elevators and to send large groups away, avoiding many people in the small enclosed elevators

b - to have to make reservations for the hot tubs. No hijacking, no lingering for hours, fair play for everybody. This reservation system should IMHO be kept even for future COVID free times. There are just far too many family and other groups on MSC who like to keep hot tubs as there private property.