Haven upgrade question - what am I missing?

I am seeing the upgrade offer for bid and wondering why I would leave what I have and go to something that *may* be a little bigger (or not) and a way smaller balcony.  Is there some great reason why I should want to switch to this room?

Currently in ... 

Room: The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Large Balcony (HE)
  • Total Approx. Size: 374 - 620 sq. ft.
  • Total Approx. Balcony Size: 104 - 146 sq. ft.

Upgrade to ... 

Room: The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony (H6)

• Total Approx. Size: 538 sq. ft.
  • Total Approx. Balcony Size: 43 sq. ft

A second bedroom and full bathroom can be important depending on how many are traveling together/privacy needs. The first cabin is basically a giant bedroom with a bath and a large balcony.

The second cabin has a central living room where you can eat, socialize, gather outside of the bedroom. The second bedroom is tiny but fine for children or a single adult. 

Note: the first cabin has a bathtub so you need to step over the edge to get in to shower. I found this rather difficult on the breakaway in rough weather as there isn't much to hold onto except glass doors.

The second cabin has a walk in shower in both bathrooms and I believe a jacuzzi tub as well in the primary. 

We like separate living spaces for breathing room, and I'm not keen on socializing in my bedroom 😉

Edited by DaisyGoldberg
  • Thanks 1

No wheelchair but is mobility an issue?  This is for Bliss?  Location in the Haven is the real Haven rather than commuting all the way from the aft outside the Haven. If mobility issues are not a concern, stay with what you like.  Do you like a bigger aft balcony?  I prefer to stay directly in the Haven.  Outside suites are Haven-light IMHO.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, mearsfansinboise said:

I am seeing the upgrade offer for bid and wondering why I would leave what I have and go to something that *may* be a little bigger (or not) and a way smaller balcony.  Is there some great reason why I should want to switch to this room?

Currently in ... 

Room: The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Large Balcony (HE)
  • Total Approx. Size: 374 - 620 sq. ft.
  • Total Approx. Balcony Size: 104 - 146 sq. ft.

Upgrade to ... 

Room: The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony (H6)

• Total Approx. Size: 538 sq. ft.
  • Total Approx. Balcony Size: 43 sq. ft

We do appreciate the extra bathroom and closet space when we have a longer cruise especially! So nice to be able to shower and get ready for the evenings activities at the same time. Well worth the money to us. First time into a two bedroom it as an upgrade win. We loved it!!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

No wheelchair but is mobility an issue?  This is for Bliss?  Location in the Haven is the real Haven rather than commuting all the way from the aft outside the Haven. If mobility issues are not a concern, stay with what you like.  Do you like a bigger aft balcony?  I prefer to stay directly in the Haven.  Outside suites are Haven-light IMHO.

@david_sobe Yes - on the Bliss.  And yes, there are some mobility challenges.  I'm not sure what you mean by outside suites or if that's what I've got - I'm not that in-the-know on the ships and rooms.

Outside the Haven would be a FPH or Aft Penthouse, ect.  Not in the Haven proper.

We were just in an Aft Penthouse on the Encore.  If was a great room with full access to the Haven, but on the very back of the ship.  Kind of a hike.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jed12345 said:

Outside the Haven would be a FPH or Aft Penthouse, ect.  Not in the Haven proper.

We were just in an Aft Penthouse on the Encore.  If was a great room with full access to the Haven, but on the very back of the ship.  Kind of a hike.

Oh, no I'm not tryin' to do any more walking than I have to!