Grandma taking granddaughter without parents

mintjulip123

Has anyone experience with taking a child on NCL without the parents? I will be taking my granddaughter on the Spirit during March Break (March 12) out of New York. I have signed authorization from her mother and I wondered if anyone has had similar experience. I will also have her original birth certificate.

The letter you bring must be signed and notorized by both parents. Make sure this letter gives you permission to take the child out of the country and gives you permission to make emergency decisions for the child, such as medical decisions.

The letter you bring must be signed and notorized by both parents. Make sure this letter gives you permission to take the child out of the country and gives you permission to make emergency decisions for the child, such as medical decisions.

You see that's the thing. The father is not in the picture. I have a court order that he has given permission for me to travel with her (not specifically for this cruise though) and her mother has sole custody. She has signed the documents saying I have permission, and has signed the documents giving me permission to make emergency medical decisions for the child. Do you think I will still experience problems?

Take whatever documentation that you can!!!! Also call the cruise line. We took my 12 year old daughter last year. When we went to get her passport last year, I had to get permission from the birth father(that I hadnt seen since she was 9 mths old) to take her out of the country. I was livid to have to ask for his permission to take my daughter out of the country when he has not been a part of her life.

Have fun!!!!!

Take whatever documentation that you can!!!! Also call the cruise line. We took my 12 year old daughter last year. When we went to get her passport last year, I had to get permission from the birth father(that I hadnt seen since she was 9 mths old) to take her out of the country. I was livid to have to ask for his permission to take my daughter out of the country when he has not been a part of her life.

Have fun!!!!!

I sure hear ya regarding having to ask the "dead beat" but I have my fingers crossed it will work out. I called NCL and the person I spoke to felt we have the right documents and shouldn't have a problem.

Archived