Warm enough to swim on Alaska cruise?

Weather in Seattle ( I know possible rain :rolleyes: ). What my kids want to know is if the ships pool will be open right after we board and if it would be warm enough for them to swim. It might be their only chance before heading to Alaska. :D

Thanks

What month are you going and what ship? Late July and August are usually 70's-80's and sunny around here, and September is often warm and dry. May/June tend to be more like 60's to low 70's at best.

Some of the ships going to Alaska have pools with a retractable roof that they keep closed so you can still swim--they did that on Diamond Princess in 2004.

It's probably hit or miss--sometimes Memorial Day weekend is nice, sometimes it's cool and rainy. I wouldn't expect it to be over 70 or under 50. I'm not familiar with any of the NCL ships, so you might want to ask on the NCL board if there's a covered pool.

FYI, that weekend is the Folklife Festival at Seattle Center (where the Space Needle is). Great shopping for arts & crafts items, plenty of live music, lots of food booths, and very big crowds. Give yourself extra time if you're visiting the Space Needle or Experience Music Project that weekend.

When do all those activities start? I think we are staying downtown on Friday night the 26th. It sounds like fun. We are planning on taking the kids to the space needle. I am glad you told us about this.

Thanks.

Archived