NOLA Parking

Arkrockdock

We usually stay at a hotel the night before departure and leave the car there. This year with JazzFest, the minimum stays and higher rates make that too costly. I need information on parking at the port. Are there shuttles from nearby lots? What about luggage if we park at the port? 

We parked at the Port this past weekend on the Valor. $20 a day for any cruise line. Prepay and as soon as you drive up there are porters there to take your luggage and then direct you to the parking floors. I'm a NOLA resident but we usually take a Uber/Taxi to the port. This process was pretty smooth. I chose the port parking over any other parking due to safety of my car( like all big cities we have been having car break in issues and having also worked at the port I knew security was 24/7 there and there is no possible way to just walk into the garages) and not wanting to take a shuttle. 

Edited by starstruck05

10 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

We parked at the Port this past weekend on the Valor. $20 a day for any cruise line. Prepay and as soon as you drive up there are porters there to take your luggage and then direct you to the parking floors. I'm a NOLA resident but we usually take a Uber/Taxi to the port. This process was pretty smooth. I chose the port parking over any other parking due to safety of my car( like all big cities we have been having car break in issues and having also worked at the port I knew security was 24/7 there and there is no possible way to just walk into the garages) and not wanting to take a shuttle. 

How did you pre-pay??  Did you make a reservation?? 

You pay before you park with a credit or debit card. Sorry I meant prepay as in pay before you park. Some on the ports have you pay after you park. They do not allow reservations at NOLA but the guarantee a spot for everyone.

In our experience (January and March '22) on Carnival Valor the Erato St. Terminal is Very convenient, pay before you park, $20/day and safe. But I think it's only for Carnival. When we cruised Royal out of the Julia St. Terminal (Nov. 2018(?)), we were directed to an open lot beyond the Terminal. We're hoping when Royal comes back to NOLA in November, there will be a better option. If not, I'll look into the Fulton St. garage. There are quite a few homeless people in tents under the highway overpasses in the area, so hoping for more secure parking.