TRUNK BAY TAXIs

Table 6 UK

Hi 

We are on Symphony in a couple of weeks and would like to take a trip to TRUNK BAY from St THOMAS. I know there is an excursion available - but its $79.00 just for four hrs and it doesnt seem good value when we would like to spend more time there.

BUT . . .  I have heard just recently that there is a great reluctance for taxi drivers to take you there from the ferry terminal in St JOHNS.

Has anybody experienced this?  If we do get there, dont want to get stranded with no taxis to get us back.

Many thanks 

Kevan & Alison

BUT . . .  I have heard just recently that there is a great reluctance for taxi drivers to take you there from the ferry terminal in St JOHNS.
Where did you read that?

Many will go to STJ on their own simply because the added flexibility allows for more time there. You just need to monitor the time, of course.

Taxis and ferries are very reliable and STJ is an easy day. Cost from Crown Bay is ~$51/pp (Taxi from Crown ->> Red Hook = $11, Red Hook ferry to Cruz Bay = $8.50, taxi to Trunk = $6).

Safari taxi drivers waiting at Cruz will drop you at Trunk or Cinnamon, and will also offer a 1 hr island tour for ~$25/pp, then drop you at the beach…

Edited by blue_water

39 minutes ago, blue_water said:

BUT . . .  I have heard just recently that there is a great reluctance for taxi drivers to take you there from the ferry terminal in St JOHNS.
Where did you read that?

Many will go to STJ on their own simply because the added flexibility allows for more time there. You just need to monitor the time, of course.

Taxis and ferries are very reliable and STJ is an easy day. Cost from Crown Bay is ~$51/pp (Taxi from Crown ->> Red Hook = $11, Red Hook ferry to Cruz Bay = $8.50, taxi to Trunk = $6).

Safari taxi drivers waiting at Cruz will drop you at Trunk or Cinnamon, and will also offer a 1 hr island tour for ~$25/pp, then drop you at the beach…

Thanks for the info,  great post

2 hours ago, Table 6 UK said:

Blue_Water - Thanks for the reply :-

Where did you read that?

Check this at 28:42

https://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbeanblog/videos/366503075366777

Wow…guess he needs to go there! Trunk is THE number 1 destination…Adding the tour is a great idea!

Edited by blue_water

On 3/24/2022 at 8:47 AM, blue_water said:

Where did you read that?

I understand that RC Oasis class Ships usually docks at Crown Bay. 
Are there water taxis that take you from the pier to Trunk Bay directly or where do they drop you? It's a round trip?