Caribe deck

PammyJeanB

While working with our TA on booking our upcoming cruise, I was more concerned with requesting a balcony than the exact location of the cabin.

We will be on the Star in C214, and was wondering if anyone can give me their thoughts on that particular cabin or at least in that section of the ship in as far as size, privacy, and noise.

Thanks so much!

While working with our TA on booking our upcoming cruise, I was more concerned with requesting a balcony than the exact location of the cabin.

We will be on the Star in C214, and was wondering if anyone can give me their thoughts on that particular cabin or at least in that section of the ship in as far as size, privacy, and noise.

Thanks so much!

I believe the BA and BB cabins on the Caribe deck have oversize balconies which are half-covered and half sun. Not sure about BC.

C-214 on the Star is very far forward, hence a long walk to food venue elevators. Fine if you like exercise.

Should you hit pitching seas, the ride that far forward can be rough. We were in C-250 on her sister, Golden Princess, 8-02, on a rough trans-Atlantic, and we had bow slap-spray raining DOWN on our balcony. Grand class vessels do not ride particularly well in very rough seas.

I personally prefer to be more midships, but that is a personal choice.

I personally prefer to be more midships, but that is a personal choice.

Thanks for the advise. I did speak with the TA about movement on the ships and she did say that it would be best to be situated midship so I assumed that she would get me a cabin in that vicinity, but obviously not.

Oh well, I do need the exercise, but tell me, will it always be a long walk to where ever I wish to go?

I was looking forward to a nice balcony and not a lot of outside noise, but had not planned on having to wake up an hour earlier just to get to midship on time! :( Possibly, one cannot accompany the other?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the advise. I did speak with the TA about movement on the ships and she did say that it would be best to be situated midship so I assumed that she would get me a cabin in that vicinity, but obviously not.

Oh well, I do need the exercise, but tell me, will it always be a long walk to where ever I wish to go?

I was looking forward to a nice balcony and not a lot of outside noise, but had not planned on having to wake up an hour earlier just to get to midship on time! :( Possibly, one cannot accompany the other?:rolleyes:

Changing cabins should not be a problem.

Changing cabins should not be a problem.

Just called my TA. All cabins on the Caribe deck are booked. There was one on the Lido (I think), dead center, but I declined as I know I'd really appreciate the size of the Caribe balcony.

So.....how much motion are we talking? Noticeable or will I need to place pillows on the floor beside my bed to cushion the fall when I roll out?:D

The Star does not have bumped out balconies. As far as I know, on Princess, the only ships that have bump outs are the Coral and the Island.

Caribe Deck cabins are bigger than those on Aloha and Baja. Lido Deck balconies look to be fully covered. Aloha Deck cabin balconies are fully covered. Baja Deck cabin balconies are 2/3 covered. Caribe Deck Cabin balconies are larger AND half covered. Dolphin Deck cabins balconies are totally uncovered. (There may be a few that are covered.......someone will know) Emerald Deck cabin balconies can be covered. If you go to Webshots.com, and put Star Princess, or Golden or Grand Princess in the search engine, you will find pictures of the outside of the ships, and you will be able to see that the side of the ships is tiered.....with the Dolphin Deck sticking out the furthest. When I put Star Princess in, I had to go to somewhere around page 15-16-17 to find a good shot of the side of the ship, showing balconies on each deck.

Have a great cruise!

I was on Baja (second cabin from the front) for 11 days in Jan. Our teenagers were in the third cabin from the front. Never felt any motion, gentle rocking occasionally. I get very sea sick. I took Bonamne every morning never felt sick or sleepy. Baja balconies are covered. Smaller than Caribe deck, but we still enjoyed them very much. We were able to open the door between the two balconies and move freely between the two cabin via the balconies.

Hope this helps.

Archived