Anyone done landsailing before?

FlyingAnchor

Hi All! Just booked a landsailing excursion in Bonaire for our upcoming cruise. I've never done this particular activity before. Has anyone else here? I am curious about how likely it is I'll roll over in the cart, haha! Just a little nervous :classic_biggrin: But overall, looking forward to the excitement of this excursion. Thanks! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I did it earlier this month and it was amazing and really fun! There are not many places to do it outside of New Zealand and I'm glad I booked it:) Although it seemed a little intimidating and slightly scary, it was remarkably easy and you will feel comfortable after the 1st lap or 2. You are enclosed in a roll cage in the cart so that provided an extra level of safety that I welcomed. The owner is Canadian but has lived all over the world and provided excellent instructions and safety advice. I booked through the cruise line but many people on tours that day booked directly or through trip advisor and saved quite a bit of money over what I paid. They have a comfy shuttle van that runs back and forth to the port every hour or so during busy season. 

bonaire land sailing iguana.jpg

20220413_112039 (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am 75, and out of shape, but truly enjoyed this when we were there in Feb.

Do book this one direct and not through the ship.  

Also when you get there, rent a Go-Pro and get great video to bring home.

Great group of people.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I don't know why but I never returned to this post after making it. Thanks everyone for your replies and I hope future cruisers find them helpful! 

We had a BLAST on this excursion. To this day, it is our favorite excursion we've ever done on a cruise sailing. I recommend it to everyone anytime I hear they are going to Bonaire! 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 7:07 AM, FlyingAnchor said:

I recommend it to everyone anytime I hear they are going to Bonaire! 

What was the name of the company?  If you dont mind me asking.

We are going to Bonaire in 2 weeks.

DH would like to do something together, but I dont do well with water, so snorkeling is out for me.   This may just be the thing we can do together and have a great time. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

And that is when we will be there.   I would like to do it, but my wife doesn't seem convinced.   

We will likely drive by and if there is a spot, then we'll consider ourselves lucky and if not, then move on.