OM2 onboard booking

andreadan

You get an additional 3% discount over and above other incentives, and make a smaller down payment.

One may also make an open booking, good for four years, with a fully refundable deposit of $300 pp, and retain all the advantages of booking on board when you decide on an itinerary.

I have booked onboard twice in the past. The first time they were offering an extra 5% discount. The second time I got a $300 per person onboard credit. The onboard credit amount depended on the restaurant and duration of the cruise.

The bookings were made onboard without nominating a travel agent or agreeing a final price. At home I rang around travel agents to get quotes and then transferred the booking to the agent that offered the best price.

Another advantage is that you can check the cabin you have booked. On the final morning when everybody has vacated their cabins go and have a look. Do not get in the way of the steward. You could also go and see the restaurant manager about the table you would like for your next cruise.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Steven - we have never booked on board, tending to make a decision nearer to the sailing date and see later offers but I can see the advantages. Our local TA has offered 10% discount on any booking. Does this seem a good offer.

Thanks

David.

The agencies I use generally offer 10 percent off the Cunard discounted price. These are agents I have to deal with by phone. Unfortunately the local agents in my town do not offer any discount.

Of course as Cunard are typically discounting by about 50 percent, 10 percent off the discounted price really means about a further 5 percent off the brochure price. This caught me out first time.

Hope this helps, Stephen.

We are always tempted to book onboard, but so many discounts come out before many of the sailings. We are fortunate that we can sail at a moments notice so it's always in our favor to wait it out, get that postcard in the mail, and book for hundreds less. Unlike airlines we've dealt with, if a discount comes out, you can't get the difference back. Once you book onboard you are locked into that price no matter what deals come out thereafter. At least, that is what we have been told on every cruise.

Archived