COVID Recovery Certificate - PCR "Equivalent" & Lab CLIA Number?

Canadian_J

Morning all! Two questions about Celebrity's policies for cruising with a COVID Recovery Certificate and positive test result (from 10-90 days prior to sailing).

1) Do they accept "PCR equivalent" molecular tests? For example RT-LAMP tests? These are widely accepted (for example by Canada) as an alternative to a PCR as they are considered an equivalent molecular test, and I believe CDC guidance notes something similar. I noted that Celebrity's policy only mentions PCR though.

2) They mention that the lab has to have a CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number. Anyone have experience with this? The result I have is from a Canadian lab, and doesn't make mention to CLIA on it. But they have their relevant Health Canada approvals and such noted.

3) Can you contact Celebrity in advance to vet something like this? Perhaps get an official answer from them before going to the port? If so, who would I call?

Excerpt from Celebrity's FAQ's:

image.thumb.png.c659416b1d87ee9af4d143abcee38e98.png

I'm hoping to simply get a negative antigen test, but of course want to ensure all bases are covered in case it's still showing positive prior to travel. Thanks in advance for any information/experience!