LIVE 4/2 Mardi Gras--Another lemonade from lemons cruise

rxlowry

14 hours ago, jwcdis said:

Can you comment about the self-serve soda machines?

Someone in the sailing before you said they only worked 1 of the 7 days they were onboard. Have you seen these machines being used much?

Haven’t used any. Not a soda drinker sorry.  But my husband said the one at Guy’s is broken 

16 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

You mentioned internet was kinda slow on Mardi Gras, wondered which plan you purchased?  Trying to decide about pre-purchasing and which plan would be best. Also can you still just purchase one plan and share in a cabin?  (Not at the same time). Thanks and enjoying your blog and post. 

Oh and we each bought the plan

• Thanks 1

Last night’s dinner was the first food miss.  We ate at the Italian specialty.  It was very slow, not great service (couldn’t get another drink) and food wasn’t great.  But there’s no cover charge so that’s good.  I didn’t really like my dish, the pistachio pesto.  I was expecting it to be more pesto but it was a carbonara more which I don’t enjoy.  We ate a little at the sushi which was ok.  I’ll go into more details in blog.  Sorry I haven’t written much, having friends on a cruise mess it up 

18 hours ago, jwcdis said:

Someone in the sailing before you said they only worked 1 of the 7 days they were onboard. Have you seen these machines being used much?

I’m not a soda drinker so I haven’t noticed but the one at Guy’s was broken 

2 hours ago, cruisinsly said:

I read on your blog that you purchased oysters on the first day.  How much were they?  We are sailing on the Mardi Gras in January.  Thank you for posting - enjoying it and your blog!

$3 but you get some free if you buy like ten.  I’d highly recommend especially the first night.  So fresh tasting!!  Try all three varieties 

• Like 1

There’s been some hits and some misses.  My friend had a dirty coffee mug.  Lobster Benedict was a miss for me.  It had tomato and some white sauce with no flavor we could not identify in addition to Hollandaise. Anyone know what it is?  Menu has no description.   One egg was good the other almost hard boiled.   I’ll do more of a review post I think 

Disembarkation went pretty smooth.  Our driver went to Royal instead to pick us up so that took some phone calls.  We spend the day at Universal since flight is tomorrow.   Fun but so crowded 

Getting ready to head to the airport soon.  We had a great time a Universal.  It was very crowded but today was delightful.  We love Royal Pacific.  I’ll do a blog post for this part of the trip.  
I’ll have time to work on it at airport and plane.  
I really wish I knew how to fix sideways photos.   I would’ve posted way more.  

• Like 1

We made it home with no airplane drama!  The blog was updated to include Costa Maya and I wrote almost the whole ride home.  I’ll get some days posted today too.  Our friends kept us busy!  They are joining us in October to celebrate our 25th anniversary on a Mediterranean cruise so I want to order a recording device to take quick notes since I am sure from my experience on other European cruises I’ll be even busier!!

• Like 1

Wanted to write a pure review post today and will later but my husband just tested positive for Covid.  I’ve tested and still negative.  One of our friends also did and so many on our Facebook group are sick and negative or positive.  

On 4/7/2022 at 10:02 AM, rxlowry said:

I am not a soda drinker either, but I noticed the one on Lido did not appear to be working (the screen was flickering and I never saw anybody able to get it to work).

2 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Wanted to write a pure review post today and will later but my husband just tested positive for Covid.  I’ve tested and still negative.  One of our friends also did and so many on our Facebook group are sick and negative or positive.  

So sorry to hear. My husband also tested positive after our last cruise 3/23/22, and I negative. Tried to quarantine but I still got it and tested positive 3 days later. I told my husband next time we will skip quarantine at home from each other because its hard to live in same house and not spread it, lol. Hoping you have a very mild case like we did 😁

• Thanks 1

Yesterday, I tested positive. I was feeling bad allergy type symptoms so I tested again.  It put a damper on Easter but im so very thankful it is so mild for both of us. 
I posted the last day of Studios and trip home to blog.  
I would like to do a comparison of Carnival to NCL post.  Carnival had some home runs but also some strikes.