Driving down from NC ???

We are driving down from eastern NC to Port Canaveral for our 4 day. In the past when we have cruised on Disney we have stayed at the Radisson. This time this is a last minute cruise and we were not thrilled with the Radisson's shuttle service even though we like the hotel itself.

I want to at least get to Jacksonville Florida. Is there still construction going on in Jacksonville?

We planned on driving almost the whole way then overnighting somewhere and then doing short drive to the port in the morning as I assume boarding is around noon? We want to park at the port this time as it is only a 4 night cruise and easier.....

Are there many hotels between Jacksonville and the Port or should I try to make a reservation somewhere and if so......where?

Thanks

We will be driving down from Augusta, GA...

Port Canaveral has other motel's to choose from not just Radison. icon_cool.gif We made reservations at Comfort Inn. They have a shuttle service also, but it only leaves at only one time. We will probably opt to get a cab verses waiting on the shuttle bus, and just use the shuttle bus back after our cruise. I know I will be anixous to reach the pier that morning. icon_cool.gif

The cab fare from the Rad is only about $7.. we've used it twice and found that the convenience of the car there is worth it.. the shuttle service is better going than coming back (have to wait too long).. we were off Fantasy, in a cab and back at the Rad on the road back to Charlotte in 1/2 hour

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font> icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

Archived