Ok sorry :( one more ? kids & dining ?

We are going on a 4 day with our boys who are 5 and turning 3 on the cruise. They have been on 2 Disney cruises and we go to the different dining rooms each night because it is part of the experience and there is a show and such and you rotate to different dining rooms.

Next week on the 4 night Fantasy my DH has suggested we just stay casual and eat the buffet at night. It would save on packing but I want to know:

1. Do they have kids menu's or foods in the dining room? I just got off the Sensation and do not remember seeing anything but then I did not have my boys on that cruise.

2. What type of foods does the buffet have for dinner? Is it similar to the dining rooms or more like the lunch buffets or Lido deck hotdogs, pizza and burgers?

Thanks!

I haven't cruised with kids, but I know that Carnival does have a children's menu in the dining room. An adult at the table next to us on one cruise ordered from it every might.

The Lido deck buffet food is similar to what's in the dining room. The pizza, hot dogs and burgers are at separate stations (not at the actual buffet line) on the Lido deck.

Pat K.

Hi. Yes Carnival does have a kids menu. My niece ordered PB & J sandwiches every night for dinner on our last cruise. Also, I am not sure about the 4 night cruises, but on the 7 night cruises, the kids can eat with the Camp Carnival counselors every night except the 1st and last nights, which makes for a nice evening alone with my DH. You might want to check out that option. Have a great cruise.

Joanne icon_smile.gif

11/27 Carnival Glory Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;11;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Glory 11/03

Sovereign of the Seas 5/01

Paradise 10/00

The Big Red Boat 5/98

Emerald Seas 3/90

My kids ate with us in the dining room every night. My youngest always ordered mac&cheese, hot dog, or pizza. I think they can have whatever would be served on the lido deck in the dining room as well.

Personally, I wouldn't want to give up the adult meals in the dining room just because the kiddies were with you. They can still have whatever they will eat in the dining room, plus you and hubby can have a great meal too.

Triumph June 2004

Jubilee July 2002

Time till Triumph on 6/5 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;6;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Originally posted by Disneycruiser#1:

What type of foods does the buffet have for dinner? Is it similar to the dining rooms

Just bear in mind that you won't find entrees such as lobster, prime rib, Beef Wellington, Chateaubriand - or the delightful chilled strawberry bisque - or exquisite desserts, if you opt to have all meals at the Lido buffet. icon_wink.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

The buffet is a MUCH more limited menu than the dine room. There is a single carving station and the beef is generally medium or weller. Since I eat only rare this is not for me. Also, you don't have to be real dress up in dine room. Even on formal nite there is always some who wear nice pants & top.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69

Rhapsody 2/77?

Azure Sea 3/89

Panama Canal 11/90

Mexican Riviera 3/98

Carnival Triumph 12/99

Carnival Spirit 12/01

NCL Dream 11/17/02

Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03

carnival Victory 3/28/04

In fact you would probably get a better choice for the children in the mainDR off the kiddy menu and it comes with crayons too to keep them busy. Usually the wait staff will bring the children first before yours or as you start your appetizers. And you can feel free to order anything off the adult menu for the children. I think you would miss out on the art of cruising if you ate Lido everynight.

From Chicken tenders to pizza they have it in the main DR. If possible the little one likes to go to the playroom as soon as possible so we feed her and take her when she is finished so that you can enjoy the rest of your meal in

a little more intimate setting.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;07;19;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we sail on the Zuiderdam

Til we sail on the Mariner of The Seas RCL

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;3;7;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we sail on the Disney Wonder

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2003;10;09;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500

til we sail the ms Maasdam

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;05;29;11;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Another here who has cruised Disney with the kids, then went on Carnival. Our kids loved the food on Carnival and had many things to choose from every single night in the dining room. But~~~be forewarned~~~the chicken strips/tenders are not nearly as good on CCL as DCL. DS10 had them daily on the Magic, had them one time on CCL and wouldn't even finish his plate. icon_frown.gif He easily found other things he enjoyed, but the chicken strips on Disney are legendary. icon_wink.gif

Penny

Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03

Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04

Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Our last cruise, we took our kids (my 3 her 2) and it was the older kids (19,20) that were ordering from the kids menu. Some nights they were being picky & some they just didn't want anything fancy. They had chicken tenders, hot dogs and even PB&J. Ask and ye shall receive.

Triumph

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2005;2;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Glory 8/03

Imagination 2/01

Ecstasy

Fantasy

Carnivale

Archived