EA Plus Annual Plan

breezer

Is anyone familiar with the annual plan called EA (Emergency Assistance) Plus?  My friend enrolled in it but never actually had any experience using it.  I am trying to find out if this plan is good or not.  He said he only paid $149 to cover both him and his spouse.  

After doing some further checking on their website, they are not travel insurance.  Looks like they assist and coordinate care, but I don't see where they actually pay any medical bills.

On 4/6/2022 at 1:16 PM, breezer said:

After doing some further checking on their website, they are not travel insurance.  Looks like they assist and coordinate care, but I don't see where they actually pay any medical bills.

I had them for a while. They are like medjet and pay for evacuation and such but are not technically insurance. I use to use them in conjunction with my CSR credit card insurance.

• 3 months later...
On 4/7/2022 at 1:54 PM, lilybay said:

I had them for a while. They are like medjet and pay for evacuation and such but are not technically insurance. I use to use them in conjunction with my CSR credit card insurance.

I just stumbled upon EA+ when researching conventional trip insurance policies and it seems like EA+ membership is mostly evac and emergency assistance, but when you purchase that coverage (~$209/year for a couple of 70+ travelers) you can also purchase conventional coverage for trip cancelation/interruption/medical.  Prices seem much more reasonable than any other insurance I've looked at.  Any additional experience with them appreciated.  Can't find much