Trip insurance for canadians?

sweetantigua

I'm researching the same thing right now. Suggest you check out TD-Canada Trust Travel medical Insurance. They also have an "annual plan" than includes trip cancellation and trip interruption at a much cheaper rate than RBC. Depends on your needs. ING sells insurance if you are a current policy holider - even President's Choice is in the business of insurance - though I believe you have to purchase it at the time of booking.

The last couple of years, I've also booked through insuremytrip.com. It is a lot cheaper than through my TA.

One thing to remember is when it asks you the value of the trip, you will need to convert it in US funds, if not, you will overpay.

Hi Fellow Canadian. Don't know what part of the country you are from, but last year I booked with Maritime Travel and also purchased insurance through them. Had problems with return air due to a late arrival in port, but they were extremely helpful in getting overnight accomodations and new flights. Got every penny covered that we expected. I can't imagine travelling without good coverage.

Archived