boat to a motu Tahaa/Raiatea

stefcruiser

Hi,

I assume you're talking about going from Raiatea? We did that on our first trip there for the afternoon. We just signed up with one of the local tour operators on the dock. It was a private motu with white sand, palm trees and turquoise water. They had a bar there and it was vrey quiet and good for just relaxing on the beach. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the motu, but any motu beach excursion from the local operators should be about the same. I think it lasted no more than 3 hours. Tahaa, by the way, itsn't a motu. It's a neighboring island that's rather small and stunningly beautiful. Be sure to be out as your ship cruises by it.

We did a day trip with Bruno (L'ecursion Bleue) on Raiatea/Tahaa, and a we spent a few hours on a beautiful motu [which is a small sand island basically - uninhabited], had an excellent lunch and got to relax.

The tour itself includes a stop at a 'fish park', vanilla plantation, black pearl farm, amazing snorkelling spot...its a very full day, but we still found that it was quite relaxing, and we were really able to see the beauty of Tahaa (although you leave from Raiatea, the activites are all around Tahaa). We absolutely loved it - the highlight of our trip on the Tahitian Princess and worth every penny.

You can find more info on Bruno's website at http://www.tahaa.net.

If you'd like to see some pictures from our tour, you can find those at http://sarahandwill.smugmug.com/gallery/295149.

If you're just looking to go out to a motu and relax for the whole day (without any additional stops) you are probably best just checking out one of the local tour operators at the dock or an excursion through the cruise line.

Hope that helps! :)

a motu is a flat reef islet, usually trees and low brush, but not much else...well, unless you count sand fleas and flies. We did a drift snorkle here and yes, we did picnic on a motu. It was through the ship and, while a little pricey, worth every penny. Definitely check out Taha'a if you have a chance - it is a jewel of an island and gives you an idea of what Hawai'i must have been like before United Airlines.

Happy sails,

Charlie

Archived