When does Azamara usually ticket ?

margo2011

Hello ,enjoying all your posts and information thank you .does anyone know the time frame  for ticketing with Azamara.

We are on the Pursuit out of Barcelona on 31st May .When we initially booked we were told  Azamara don’t use Ryanair or EasyJet so we couldn’t fly out of our home city Liverpool ,we needed to fly with Lufthansa via Frankfurt going out and British airways via London on the way back from Lisbon .I don’t know wether you are aware of the chaos at Manchester with people missing flights although  they have been at the airport 5 hours in advance . Our flight is at 6am so currently we would have to leave our home around  midnight as the airport are saying this could continue for a further 2 months due to staff absence and retention.

Lufthansa are now flying from Liverpool and we could fly out the night before stay at an airport hotel and continue the next day refreshed and ready for the flight to Barcelona .

I appreciate some administration charges to change the one leg of out journey even though it’s quite a lot cheaper from Liverpool.

Our TA said Azamara have already ticketed us last week and we would have to cancel all for legs at a cost of £700 and then rebook ,I feel this is not an unreasonable request .Any help would be greatly appreciated ,

thanks in anticipation .

We are booked to fly out to Rome on 23rd April from Manchester . 6.00 am flight with Lufthansa via Frankfurt. Not looking forward to the experience but hoping that queues may have eased after Easter. Although our flights out were arranged with a Azamara I arranged my own direct return flights from Venice to Manchester with Jet2. Will report back as to how we get on.

To be honest my husband wanted to book the low cost options from Liverpool,but I was hoping if anything went wrong we would have more cover as a package holiday with Azamara. Looks like my mistake .Liverpool airport seem to be operating a much better service than Manchester I appreciate they are not like for like but Liverpool starting recruiting for the Easter rush in January.

1 hour ago, margo2011 said:

To be honest my husband wanted to book the low cost options from Liverpool,but I was hoping if anything went wrong we would have more cover as a package holiday with Azamara. Looks like my mistake .Liverpool airport seem to be operating a much better service than Manchester I appreciate they are not like for like but Liverpool starting recruiting for the Easter rush in January.

I let Azamara arrange the outbound flights so as to have the comfort that if anything went wrong it was Azamara problem. Took the view that not much risk on the return ( unless the coach breaks down !). 

We tried to move our flight from Venice to Heathrow back from 17.05 to the 14.45.  The online price for our preferred flight is lower by more than 100 Euros each.  However because it is already ticketed Azamara said that they could only do this as a new flight at at cost of over £300 each.

We will try at the airport if we arrive early enough from Ravenna but the BA desk is staffed by a Handling Agent so they are likely to be less accommodating.

We have usually arranged our own flights but let Azamara take the strain this time because of the uncertainty of docking at Venice/Trieste/Ravenna.

2 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

We tried to move our flight from Venice to Heathrow back from 17.05 to the 14.45.  The online price for our preferred flight is lower by more than 100 Euros each.  However because it is already ticketed Azamara said that they could only do this as a new flight at at cost of over £300 each.

We will try at the airport if we arrive early enough from Ravenna but the BA desk is staffed by a Handling Agent so they are likely to be less accommodating.

We have usually arranged our own flights but let Azamara take the strain this time because of the uncertainty of docking at Venice/Trieste/Ravenna.

You could book new flights with BA for the 2.45pm flight to Heathrow from Venice for a total of €301ie €150.50 each  ( that’s for both of you and includes 23kg checked luggage for each passenger). 

13 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

You could book new flights with BA for the 2.45pm flight to Heathrow from Venice for a total of €301ie €150.50 each  ( that’s for both of you and includes 23kg checked luggage for each passenger). 

Yes I know - but it seems a high price to pay for the inconvenience of waiting another 2.5 hours.  Just didnt fancy hanging around Marco Polo for a long time added to which our diabetic dog will be with our daughter in Telford 3 hours away.  She is going on holiday on Bank Holiday Monday so we will need to make that journey on Sunday.  

We will not check in online but see if we can switch to the earlier flight when we are at the airport.  Its worth a try.

I would ask Azamara to breakdown that cost. What is the airline change fee? Is there any fare difference and are they charging a service fee to make the change? If it is a normal published fare then BA have their book with confidence policy that should allow a free change plus any fare difference. I think it might be an Azamara service/change fee built into the small print somewhere.