Portable Oxygen Concentrator

StevenLucia

We were starting to complete our on-line check-in today for a late April cruise.  Quite surprised to discover that Carnival extended the ban on portable oxygen through the end of June.  They had changed the policy effective 1 April to allow concentrators.  Now I have to cancel this cruise.  Just venting a bit since we've had so many cruises scheduled/cancelled/re-scheduled.

Edited by StevenLucia
error

I saw John Heald post an answer to someone in the last week or so that the concentrators were fine on board.  I also saw the update on the Carnival page that you are referencing.  They are completely conflicting.  It's probably worth a call before you cancel.  

Contacted their Special Needs department today.  Portable concentrators are allowed.  Their online documents regarding oxygen is indeed conflicting.  If you select 'Oxygen Dependent' during an online check-in it will lock you out and tell you that you have to cancel.  Best to contact the Special Needs department and let them set it all up for you so there aren't any issues.

• Like 1