Cabin 5151 Obstructed View Cabin on Legend. Did you like it?

Gari

Hi All

I am thinking of booked an obstructed view balcony on the Legend but wondering if anyone has done it before.  Questions include can I actually sit out on the balcony?  I have only done a balcony on Carnival once and have never done this category?  Please advise.  Any tips

Yes, you can sit out on the balcony.  The cabin and balcony are just like regular balcony cabins except that there are lifeboats hanging down below the balcony.  This obstructs the view downward to the water but you still have a full view out to the sea.

The balconies aren't huge, but there is enough room to sit out there.

That specific room is between two of the tender/lifeboats, so there's perhaps less obstruction there versus some of the neighboring cabins. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to the site that I found, so I'll just say to do a Google search for "Carnival Pride 5151" (no quotation marks though), and the top result should have some pictures from that room and the balcony. The Pride is a sister ship to the Legend, so the pictures are a good representation of what that cabin view would look like on the Legend.

All that said, there are rooms in the same category that I would consider to be superior to 5151. The forward three lifeboats also double as tender boats, and as such they are taller than the regular lifeboats. Because of their increased height, they provide a greater obstruction. If you're able to select a room that is more to the aft, I think you will be happier with the view. In the deck plan below, the taller boats are in the yellow rectangles.

Spirit-Class-Deck5.jpg

Edited by knagl

14 hours ago, Gari said:

Hi All

I am thinking of booked an obstructed view balcony on the Legend but wondering if anyone has done it before.  Questions include can I actually sit out on the balcony?  I have only done a balcony on Carnival once and have never done this category?  Please advise.  Any tips

We had an obstructed balcony on the Legend to Alaska, July 30,2019. Cabin 5178, which is above a lifeboat, we loved it, no problem seeing over it. We were out on deck for cruising Tracy Arm Fjord, it was cold so we went back to our room to hang out on our balcony. We lucked out on the weather, no rain and low 70 degrees. It was our Grandson's pick for graduation, not on our  bucket list, but turned out to be one of our favorite cruises.

I stayed in an obstructed balcony room #5165 on the Legend awhile back. This cabin is obstructed by the lifeboat tender. Compared to #5151 this may be a bit different if the davit is also in the way. Otherwise, the top of the tender comes up to just above the level of the balcony railing. If you are interested in a balcony cabin at a lower cost and don't mind the obstruction, then you should be okay. You will still get a view and the cabin is pretty much the same as the other balcony cabins. If you intend on taking pictures from your cabin expect the lifeboats to be in the way especially looking towards the front or the back of the ship. I attached some photos to give an idea of what to expect when staying in an obstructed balcony cabin.  256354596_PICS004.thumb.jpg.dcc672f020dec5c53275a10fa39f0e09.jpg1928637302_PICS045.thumb.jpg.e384bd4d28d219e92fc64b13df2c8626.jpg1921744141_PICS052.thumb.jpg.f0ffb24a34bae698d37f0182560f1354.jpg