Noise

Hi all, I am looking to book my first cruise 🙂  Can anyone tell me what the night time noise levels are like in comparison to a large hotel?  We are light sleepers so wondering if it is any better or worse?  We will be doing a Marella Med cruise on either the Discovery 2 or Explorer.  I know different cabins will vary on noise levels so any tips would be appreciated 🙂 

Try to steer clear of cabins immediately below any deck with sunbeds, pools bars, nightclubs or restaurants, and also cabins above such venues. That cuts down your choice somewhat!! We were on Explorer in March doing the Canaries and were on deck 9 in a balcony cabin.  No noise at all at night.

enjoy

48 minutes ago, lise111 said:

Hi all, I am looking to book my first cruise 🙂  Can anyone tell me what the night time noise levels are like in comparison to a large hotel?  We are light sleepers so wondering if it is any better or worse?  We will be doing a Marella Med cruise on either the Discovery 2 or Explorer.  I know different cabins will vary on noise levels so any tips would be appreciated 🙂 

Hi. We were on Explorer in cabin 9242  deck 9 which was the last cabin towards the rear on the starboard side and the engine noise was horrendous, not sure if that was normal or an engine problem at the time. We have had cabins toward the front of the ship and also midship without any noise at all. Pennibs post covers the places to steer clear of pretty well. We also found that there is very little noise from neighbouring cabins

Enjoy your cruise.😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lise111 said:

Great thank you!  When you book the cabins, do they tell you the number so you can review it before hand?  We will be booking a balcony cabin.  Will try and get one on deck 9 🙂 

If you pay to choose your cabin you pick from a deck plan. We normally do an online dummy booking to see what cabins/ locations are available.

Also you can Google whatever ship you are going on deck plans , very handy to see what’s above or below the cabin that you are thinking about choosing.

Edited by Brummijam
  • Like 1

Hi Lise 111 and welcome, you will always have a certain amount of noise some passengers take ear plugs, which is something we have never done and to be honest we are both  light sleepers but always have a good night's rest, it may be the ships motion or the night cap😊 have a great cruise and as said previously check what is above your cabin we normally go deck 8 or above. 

• Like 1

A couple of other things to add to the list of things to watch out for - 

We check the plan, and avoid adjacent 4 berth cabins. Also, some cabins have interconnecting doors, which we avoid.

The deck plans for each ship are on the TUi website. If you pay £50, you can choose your cabin, so that you know where you are going from day 1.

We were on Explorer last August in large Balcony cabin 10107 - No noise at all.

• Like 1