Nationwide Flexplus Account

majortom10

We are considering moving our current account to take advantage of their included worldwide insurance. Is there anyone who has this account and what are the plus and minus points, if there are any, of this account. Also looking at website doesnt seem to be a certificate of travel insurance do they provide one as I like to take a copy on holiday with me.

I use NW Flex plus and have had to claim ( pre Covid) following an injury on board. I spent the day following the injury at the port hospital getting a CT scan which I had to pay for upfront as my EHIC card wasn’t accepted. When I returned home I phoned and the claim was accepted there and then with no need to even submit receipts. It wasn’t a massive claim but I was very impressed. ( I didn’t even pay for the cruise with a Nationwide card). I have to pay a supplement because of some underlying health conditions (hubby is covered without a supplement). I’ve recently renewed the supplement as we have booked our first foreign trip post Covid in a few weeks (not a cruise yet)

We’ve had this account for a few years now the insurance is great, you can print off a cover letter for your travel insurance off the website. You have to create a separate log in for the insurance specifically, we’ve cruised 7 or 8 times since the restart with it with no problems. Haven’t claimed on the travel insurance but have claimed on the phone insurance which was for a smashed iPhone which was resolved very quick and hassle free. For the £13/month it’s a good value in my opinion 

Edited by Mad4WDW
Fixed typo

I echo the above comments regarding Nationwide Flex Plus. We've had the account for quite a few years. We've claimed once, for a world sector cancellation following a cancer diagnosis and it was paid promptly.

There is an over 65 supplement of £65 covering both of us, and certain health conditions carry extra supplements but nothing outrageous. You have to confirm your medical conditions annually for renewal.

The policy coverage is very good and gives peace of mind particularly as it's worldwide.

As others have said you don't specifically get a certificate but you can download a letter titled "Confirmation of cover" which gives the details. At the moment it specifically mentions Covid cover and that there is cover for UK cruises as required by P&O.
We have found it is good value, when you consider the worldwide travel insurance, Phone insurance and UK breakdown.
Basic cruise cover is included (medical/evacuation). You can pay a suplement of £40 per year to add cruise extras such as missed port or confined to cabin.

4 hours ago, jake 26 said:

I echo the above comments regarding Nationwide Flex Plus. We've had the account for quite a few years. We've claimed once, for a world sector cancellation following a cancer diagnosis and it was paid promptly.

There is an over 65 supplement of £65 covering both of us, and certain health conditions carry extra supplements but nothing outrageous. You have to confirm your medical conditions annually for renewal.

The policy coverage is very good and gives peace of mind particularly as it's worldwide.

I think the age supplement is for over 70’s, not over 65. I’ve just checked as I’ve just had my 65th birthday and didn’t have to pay any (more) extra

53 minutes ago, scarlet ohara said:

I think the age supplement is for over 70’s, not over 65. I’ve just checked as I’ve just had my 65th birthday and didn’t have to pay any (more) extra

I'm sure you're right, I've lost track of my age!!😁😁