On-board covid testing Southampton to New York

klgt1891

What can we expect in terms of covid testing mid-voyage on the 24th April Southampton to New York crossing? I have heard different things about whether or not we test before arriving in New York. Should we expect to be tested the day before arriving in New York, or day 3, or both? I asked a Cunard agent on a phone call and she did not seem to know!

I'm not too sure anyone here has the correct answer to your question  re mid-voyage testing. Maybe this will be something you will need to manage on the day . I expect you will be advised by the ships personnel what the arrangements are for arriving into NY.  

Are you aware of the new announcement this last week requiring all guests embarking QM2 'with effect from 24th April' will need to have arranged their own LFT test within 24 hrs ( ie day before)  

21 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Are you aware of the new announcement this last week requiring all guests embarking QM2 'with effect from 24th April' will need to have arranged their own LFT test within 24 hrs ( ie day before)  

Cunard advised me that there is no need to take your own test for 24 April crossing. They are still providing free tests at Southampton. My son is going.

3 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Cunard advised me that there is no need to take your own test for 24 April crossing. They are still providing free tests at Southampton. My son is going.

You are correct BigMac,

The original email sent out to those with future cruises booked ( including my self)  was unclear.

the email referred to children and vaccinations with effect from 24th April for the QM2 .....This e mail in the next paragraph  then ran into a notification about the new self testing procedures.

I have since spoken to Cunard, they have finally admitted that their e mail has caused confusion .

Guests travelling on QM2 'With effect from May 8th will be responsible for their own testing.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I understand that QM2 guests must have a negative COVID test taken 1 day before disembarking in New York. With potentially thousands of guests to test in just one day, how well is this operation organised by Cunard? How long does it take to be tested and get the results and how many personnel is present to take care of this? Anything important to be aware of?

Edited by EuropeanAmericanTraveler