family ocean view

Hi, when we were on the Voyager last year we checked out the FOV on deck 6 when we left and they were cleaning it. It was very spacious and there was an actual door between the bunk area and the rest of the cabin. We liked it so much we booked it (family of 5) for an Explorer cruise this year! I do think that the FOV's on other decks might be set up a little differently, though.

enjoy the cruise, you will have a lot of fun!

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in the family oceanview room on the Mariner last October, room 7500. You can click on the link below to see some pictures of the room. I definitely recommend it and we will be booking this same type of room when we cruise again.

Thanks for sharing... We're planning our next cruise on Mariner (we hope) for next summer (early June -). There will be 5 of us in the room (Daughters 10 & 7, Son 4) We were thinking about trying to get one of the four Balcony Rooms with adjoining Oceanview rooms, but after seeing those pictures of the Family Oceanview, it has me reconsidering. A couple of questions for you...

1. Did the curtain between the bed and the fold out couch cross the entire room, or was it one of those that only covered up about a 1/3 of the bed?

2. Did you compare the cost of the Family Oceanview to two adjoining cabins? If so, would you let me know the cost difference? The Family Oceanview rates are not posted on the RCI Website.

3. Did your kids participate in Adventure Ocean? If so did they like it?

Thanks!

1) The curtain did not go the whole length of the cabin but it did go the whole length of the big bed. Plenty of privacy. ;)

2) We compared the cost of the family oceanview to two inside cabins. This was for October which is pretty good prices. The oceanview was $3.500, two inside connecting cabins were $3,400. However, we really didn't want to have two cabins, even if they were connecting, I felt better knowing that all the kids were in the same room with me (they wouldn't have been in a room by themselves, either DH or I would have stayed with them). I found a C&A coupon for $150 that I was able to apply to the room so all in all it was a better deal for us to do the family oceanview room.

3) Yes we used Adventure Ocean. The twins would have preferred to stay with us only because they've never been away from us, but they were always having fun when we returned. Same with our older kids, they would rather be with us and grandparents and our friends but always had a great time while there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived